Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 10/20 nl hand at the commerce

Sucks 350 bb deep but the only hand that makes sense is J8 and one combination of 86 (doubt you will see 82o/82s all that often but possible).
So You'll have to make a decision on the turn, if you think he has it then fold, otherwise call the turn and unless a Jack or 8 hits the river, call the allin.
I would like to give a better analysis but there is simply not much we can work with, no reads, nothin.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:19 PM

call, fist pump, etc. Really doubt he makes that big of a CR on the turn with J8.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 PM

superturbofistpumptakeaniphonepicofurselfwhilescoo pingthepotcall.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my buddy was at the commerce and had an interesting hand at .....10/20nl 7k effective stacks
he limpes 66 2 people limp behind blinds complete
flop J86 all spades, he leads for 120 and the BB calls, turn 8 bb cks he bets 330 and gets ck raised to 2k total
river 2x and he shoves for 4500...comments one what u think BB has, and do you fold or call the river
also, this was his 4th hand at the table so it against a complete random

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem started when he bought in for 7k+...what good comes of this?

you can put 7k+ on the table at any time, like later when you actually know when you want to get it in against the line-up your against...or never if the lineup isnt adjusting properly to your short stack.

if you bought in for like 1500 here you would have got it in doubt free...if you would have put the 7k on the table a couple hours later you would probably get it in with less doubt as well.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning a 14K pot with a fullhouse?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Wait, this was me. Who are you special pt? You got the action way wrong, and didn't include my reads at all. First off to limon I bought in 4K deep, and had a 12K stack do to winning pots prior to this. Villian had moved from the must move with a 6.8K stack actually. I didn't know him that well, but prior to him coming to the table I overheard him discussing a big hand with the only pretty good player that was at my table (Kevin if you know the commerce folks), and if I had to guess at the time, I would say he is a live pro, and seemed pretty nitty. He also had barely played a hand in his first 3 rounds at the table.

Meanwhile, I had a bit of a maniacal image, but hadn't really gotten out of line. However I had gotten it all in against AA with a flush draw and gunshot the hand before and won a big pot when I hit my straight on the river.

So I was in middle position, villian limped utg one other person limped, I limped with red 66, makes a smallish raise ($60), sb calls, bb calls, utg calls, i call and the other guy.

So there is like $360 in the pot, and the flop comes Js8s6s. it checks to me, I bet $300, utg calls, everyone else folds. The turn comes another 8. UTG checks, I bet 750, he raises to 2500, leaving himself with about 3.5K left.

In general, I don't fold full houses live, but right here, I would certainly be considering folding a flush, and my hand is similar in strength to that. This guy really didn't seem like the type to play even the nut flush like this after I bet into 6 people on the flop, and didn't slow down once the board paired. Honestly, I think I should have quietly folded the turn here, but I couldn't bring myself to fold it.

So I called, and he pushed the river. I didn't fold right away then, in fact, I was pretty sure I had to call due to the pot odds. However, I turned over my hand to try to get a reaction from him. What I didn't know was that at commerce there is a rule that if you expose you hand the floor is called and when he gets there you need to make a decision in 10 seconds of him getting there. ugg.. so i was still going through the hand in my head, and i miscounted his push, because i didn't have time to ask the dealer to count it down, and thought it was 4.5K into a 6K pot instead of 3.5 K into the pot. so when the clock ran down i mucked my hand.

Anyhow, Maybe it was a bad fold, and if I had to do it again, I definately wouldn't let the table know what I was folding. But I don't think this is the easy fist pumping call it would be against 3/4 of the people at that table.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, this was me. Who are you special pt? You got the action way wrong, and didn't include my reads at all. First off to limon I bought in 4K deep, and had a 12K stack do to winning pots prior to this. Villian had moved from the must move with a 6.8K stack actually. I didn't know him that well, but prior to him coming to the table I overheard him discussing a big hand with the only pretty good player that was at my table (Kevin if you know the commerce folks), and if I had to guess at the time, I would say he is a live pro, and seemed pretty nitty. He also had barely played a hand in his first 3 rounds at the table.

Meanwhile, I had a bit of a maniacal image, but hadn't really gotten out of line. However I had gotten it all in against AA with a flush draw and gunshot the hand before and won a big pot when I hit my straight on the river.

So I was in middle position, villian limped utg one other person limped, I limped with red 66, makes a smallish raise ($60), sb calls, bb calls, utg calls, i call and the other guy.

So there is like $360 in the pot, and the flop comes Js8s6s. it checks to me, I bet $300, utg calls, everyone else folds. The turn comes another 8. UTG checks, I bet 750, he raises to 2500, leaving himself with about 3.5K left.

In general, I don't fold full houses live, but right here, I would certainly be considering folding a flush, and my hand is similar in strength to that. This guy really didn't seem like the type to play even the nut flush like this after I bet into 6 people on the flop, and didn't slow down once the board paired. Honestly, I think I should have quietly folded the turn here, but I couldn't bring myself to fold it.

So I called, and he pushed the river. I didn't fold right away then, in fact, I was pretty sure I had to call due to the pot odds. However, I turned over my hand to try to get a reaction from him. What I didn't know was that at commerce there is a rule that if you expose you hand the floor is called and when he gets there you need to make a decision in 10 seconds of him getting there. ugg.. so i was still going through the hand in my head, and i miscounted his push, because i didn't have time to ask the dealer to count it down, and thought it was 4.5K into a 6K pot instead of 3.5 K into the pot. so when the clock ran down i mucked my hand.

Anyhow, Maybe it was a bad fold, and if I had to do it again, I definately wouldn't let the table know what I was folding. But I don't think this is the easy fist pumping call it would be against 3/4 of the people at that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post. the op was way off obviously. i dont likie showing your hand. i neverf show my hand unless i have already deciced to call. it sounds like you play in the 10-20 alot. the reg's there tend towards the lag side. advertising big laydowns is a bad idea.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning a 14K pot with a fullhouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

never thought of that. id rather get a straight flush though.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

good post. the op was way off obviously. i dont likie showing your hand. i neverf show my hand unless i have already deciced to call. it sounds like you play in the 10-20 alot. the reg's there tend towards the lag side. advertising big laydowns is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% about advertising laydowns, in fact I never usually show my hand no matter what, but I was completely unsure what to do here. I don't actually play the 10-20 there all that often, and have played the 20-40 more than the 10-20 lately. That said this actually worked out pretty well, as the decent laggy players at the table continued to avoid me, and the bad players started trying to push me off hands with lines that made no sense. So I got paid a lot more often (besides, normally people think I'm a giant station payoff wizard), I wound up +10K for the day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these plays live always seem to be the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]