Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Best rakeback site? What poker site as well?

I am a mostly a live game player currently getting serious about online poker. I have a Full Tilt account with no rakeback as I did not know about rake back years back when I set it up. I havent set up another account yet because I have not been playing much online. Now I am studying this forum and some books to transition to regular online poker.

Where should I setup a rakeback account and what site should I play at (Full Tilt is out because I have an account there and they wont let established accounts get rake back as you know).

I also think I set up a one time use account at bodog a long time ago and used it once, so they are probably out. By the way, I am a US player in Los Angeles, so I need to find a US player friendly poker site where I can deposit easily.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Best rakeback site? What poker site as well?

If you play a lot online the PokerStars FPP system is similar to rakeback in value.

Don't completely rule out FTP though:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

Question #4
Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 AM

Thanks for the info once again (as you also answered a question I had on another thread). Is Pokerstars a US friendly site in terms of depositing/withdrawls?

Also, here is another online noob question...what does FPP stand for in your above suggestion?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info once again (as you also answered a question I had on another thread). Is Pokerstars a US friendly site in terms of depositing/withdrawls?

Also, here is another online noob question...what does FPP stand for in your above suggestion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Poker Stars is US friendly.
FPP = frequent player points
Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 AM

Once again, thanks for the info. I am not new to poker, its just that I have played mostly B & M in Vegas and Los Angeles (I live in LA) with some private games mixed in a bit. I have relied mostly on books and table experience, but actually came about this site looking for info on Harringtons cash game book release dates.

So I am a noob with the forum lingo along with trying to get familiar with online play. So I have been studying this site as well as books and other sources prepping for my move into serious online play. I have had success at live games, but so far this online game seems to be a completley different animal. So, I bought poker tracker and I am familiarizing myself with it and prepping for a start in low stakes game until I can consistently beat them and hopefully moving on up.

I have to say, this forum is fantastic and thanks to those who helped with some quesitons. I just wish I found this forum a long time ago as it would have been a big boost for my live game as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 AM

2+2 is the man. Seriously. This place eats poker books for breakfast.

Make sure you check out all the stickies in the holdem forums.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 AM

Will do...thanks. I also understand you are starting a weekly game if I am not mistaken. If you have room I would be interested.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:40 AM

Of course there's room.

The game is on Pokerstars, probably Sunday and Monday nights at 10PM EST.

You in?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:11 AM

Yeah, I have not yet created a poker stars account, so I will get one set up this week to be ready for next weeks game...I have a cash game here at my place tomorrow night ($1/2 NL) and I am playing in live tourney at Hustler on Wed, so I will probably get to it Wed night or Thursday. I will PM you my account name once I am set up.

Just to clarify, with Pokerstars I dont need to set up a rake back account right? I just download and load my account and then earn FPP...is this correct?

I have always really just FTP prior to this.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 AM

That is correct. PokerStars does not have rakeback but the FPPs are worth enough that they balance out.

There have been threads posted with comparisons of value.

Stars has different VIP levels, each of which allows you to accumulate FPPs faster. I forget which VIP status was supposed to be equal to rakeback, but I'm sure someone else can fill you in with the statistics.

Edit: The FPP system favors people who play a lot. Not only because they are playing more hands, but they accumulate more FPP per hand. Just something to keep in mind depending on if you are a casual player or a more active one.