Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: What to do if you suspect a site of being rigged

[ QUOTE ]
you don't gamble online, yet you post in a forum titled "Internet Gambling"?

Also, your post is convincing me that you are actually just a bad poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I am not offended. I don't generally take the comments of complete lunatics seriously.

/FAIL.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 AM

You're doing the "could very likely be rigged" side of the argument no favours razarcrius. You seem like much more like the complete lunactic you are making Josem out to be. With your offer to play a few $1 stts to demonstrate rigging you seem to almost be trying to discredit your own argument... That is such a completely pointelss exercise that it leads me to believe you are a useless poker player and are arguing out of spite not reason.

I am of the OPINION that most of the sites are not on the up and up for the same reasons I outlined in the other thread and hearing first hand about the methods employed by online gaming sites from my brother who works in the customer service department of a skin on one of the top five sites...the things I have heard are not out and out robbery but they are highly unethical and would be very embarrassing for the company if they were widely known about. As I said before in the other thread, I do not doubt for a moment that they would actively utilize software balancing if they were starting a site from scratch, (imo they already have that feature in their present networks' software). Just as I think most players would abuse a theoritical 'hole cam', such as the Absolute cheaters, if it was available to them.

I just can't see why these sites would not take the opportunity to make loads of extra money for no extra risk and from my experiences as a WINNING player, making 120-130K euro last year I have always thought the software was helping to keep the fish in the game to some extent. I was even advised by another pro to switch networks to one he thought was fairer (Ladbrokes). I told him, I liked the interface too much on my present site and I was winning, to which he replied "But think how much you would be winning". I still didn't switch sites tho, for much the same reasons as the people on Absolute didn't switch - there were plenty of fish, I was winning alot and I was happy with the interface.

Before Josem jumps down my throat and starts talking about UFO conspiracies, I would like to remind him that this is my opinion and I am open to all opinions, not just the ones I agree with it. And it's not in my interest for the sites to be rigged as I am just starting back full time after an extended break and I've enough problems getting my game back up to scratch without worrying about the fairness of the games.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you tell us which site it is, there are bound to be some other losers here who will give us their opinions on it, too.

That way, everyone will benefit.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL Not even close to enough love.
EDER [ QUOTE ]
At all the rigged sites I play on I make sure to never get all in unless on a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ] HELLO TP.LOL
Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM

josem,

quit wasting your time with morons

hes admited hes just a troll anyway
Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM

More shills and people trying to stop a productive chat.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:43 PM

Again, answer me this shills....why wasn't Absolute held accountable for thier riggedness?

It was rigged, it happened, no conspriacy theory.

Explain shills.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Absolute isn't a major site.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute isn't a major site.

[/ QUOTE ]

And?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 PM

The idea that a small site would be willing to cheat is not the same as a major site trying to cheat.

A`small site has very little to lose so they have a motive. A large site is not going to risk a very large income stream to increase it my a minuscule amount.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea that a small site would be willing to cheat is not the same as a major site trying to cheat.

A`small site has very little to lose so they have a motive. A large site is not going to risk a very large income stream to increase it my a minuscule amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory to me.