Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
If I ever open a restaurant, I think that because of this thread, any kid that comes in and wants to have his birthday sung to him is going to be in for a treat.

[/ QUOTE ]
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SL4i9BxdrAg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SL4i9BxdrAg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM

LOL @ Thread.

LOL at people believing they have an absolute right to not be inconvenienced. And once said inconvenience occurs, that BY GOD SOMEONE BETTER GODDAMN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

LOL at the suggestion that the dad somehow should have known not to take the hostess' word for it.

LOL @ 15 second song (and 30 second preperation) being ZOMG EGREGIOUS and DISRUPTIVE!!

And LOL @ Blackize.....60%......C'MON!!!??
Old 07-07-2007, 06:36 PM

I still think everyone is jaded towards this topic because its a six year old. Plus they're huge life nits.

If the situation was something like the following you'd be pissed. You are taking your girlfriend for her birthday and were going to a restaurant where you know they will sing her happy birthday. It is very important to her that they sing happy birthday. You arrive and confirm with the staff that they will indeed sing to her. When the dessert comes there is no singing. When you talk to the owner she informs you that they no longer sing I think you'd certainly be a little fired up.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything being done to keep children out of any place I'm in is ok by me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 PM

i dunno if this was said yet, but..

they should have went to casa bonita

Old 07-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Wow. Great arguments from the eff the kid side. Let me summarize for anyone not willing to read through the whole thread.

1. I hate kids/birthday singing in restaurants. Kudos to the manager for trying to end these.

Reply: Stop being cheap pricks and go to restaurants where you know these aren't encouraged.

2. Guids - the owner can do whatever the eff she wants with her own restaurant. The dad can go screw himself for expecting something that was promised him by one of my ([censored]?) employees.

[i]Response - technically, legally correct. However, I'm a rather vindictive person. I would spread this story, with minor embelishments as necessary, everywhere. Every restaurant review site on the net. Ever person I ever talk to about restaurants. In my spare time, I would make it my mission to ruin you. Now is it worth it? Eff it, I'd even picket your establishment with homeless looking children waving signs that say "This restaurant hates children" Extreme? Yes. But every time you make a terrible business decision, you run the risk of losing any number of customers, not just the ones you personally offended.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think everyone is jaded towards this topic because its a six year old. Plus they're huge life nits.

If the situation was something like the following you'd be pissed. You are taking your girlfriend for her birthday and were going to a restaurant where you know they will sing her happy birthday. It is very important to her that they sing happy birthday. You arrive and confirm with the staff that they will indeed sing to her. When the dessert comes there is no singing. When you talk to the owner she informs you that they no longer sing I think you'd certainly be a little fired up.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh no. Id be finding a new gf because random people at a restaurant singing happy bday is v important to her.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your girlfriend gives a flying [censored] if some random person at a restaurant sings happy birthday to her or not she's about as mature as the 6 year old.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I totally agree w/Hopeless that the general disdain towards six-year-olds is affecting the tone of this thread. Words like "spoiled", "bratty", etc. are flying around when the kid may be nothing of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid refused to eat his dessert after his own family sang him a song, but total strangers would not. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If that was posted I missed it. For some bizarre reason this thread is growing at a rate reserved for Brandi threads or WSOP sweats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love when random like threads like these come along. Special little weekend surprises.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow, this really isnt that difficult of a situation and half the people here are acting like idiots.

The hostess [censored] up. The owner wants to create a new image for the restaurant and sticks to their policy. The owner should have been more polite in the situation, and I agree with that, but this isnt that big of a deal.

They did not enter a legal binding agreement, and saying that the family should not pay for the meal is equally as ridiculous. They did not say "I will buy dessert if you will sing." They didnt barter at all about specific items and instead simply talked about the TIMELINE. "_When_ you bring out the dessert [i.e. they were planning on buying them anyways], could you please sing happy birthday?"

This is definitely an inconvenience, and, taking things at face value, the owner didnt handle the situation with the proper decorum; however, the family and friends should have just sang happy birthday to the kid and made him happy. If they were so outraged about it that they didnt want to go back, then ok, dont go back. To make it seem like it is the end of the world, though, is ridiculous.

Finally, to all the people saying "I hate when a [censored] restaurant ruins my [censored] dining experience when they sing to some [censored] kid for 30 seconds." Stop going to [censored] applebees and expecting a great experience like you'd get at the french laundry. I mean seriously, you know full well what they do when you go there. If you dont like it, stop bitching.