Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The Avery hate in this thread cracks me up. I know that half of you haters secretly wish that he was on your team, even though you would never dare say that out loud. It's okay though your Avery love will come out eventually. :-)

FWIW, Avery does fight...but pretty infrequently. He has no real incentive to fight. The Rangers certainly don't pay him to fight, they pay Colton Orr to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Do you guys wonder why you hate Avery? It is because he gets inside the heads of all your top players and gets them off their game. He knows exactly how to needle and get good players to stop thinking about playing hockey and to only think about beating the chizz out of him. This is a skill not a flaw. So you all can keep Hating and repressing your jealousy.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drew Remenda > Marty McSorely x infinity

Sharks looked good for 2 periods, which is enough to get by Detroit.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOOOO true! There was an article in this mornings SJ Merc where the author asked if he would be willing to come back. He said that he would have to look at the proposal and discuss w/ his family. I would love to have him back since his contract CBC has expired.

When Cheechoo pulled the puck back and across the goal mouth to sink the winning goal, did it seem like it was taking 5 minutes to you as well? I wanted to reach into my TV and flick the puck in! It was a great game and the Sharks were unlucky to not score more in the 3rd period where they completely dominated the wings.... but Hasek was.. well, Hasek, and kept the game where it was.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Avery hate in this thread cracks me up. I know that half of you haters secretly wish that he was on your team, even though you would never dare say that out loud. It's okay though your Avery love will come out eventually. :-)

FWIW, Avery does fight...but pretty infrequently. He has no real incentive to fight. The Rangers certainly don't pay him to fight, they pay Colton Orr to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Do you guys wonder why you hate Avery? It is because he gets inside the heads of all your top players and gets them off their game. He knows exactly how to needle and get good players to stop thinking about playing hockey and to only think about beating the chizz out of him. This is a skill not a flaw. So you all can keep Hating and repressing your jealousy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol whatever; he's already been on my team & went by the name of Matthew Barnaby.
I'm sure he's in Miller/Drury's head too.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking for myself, if avery was a free agent and the sabres signed him, i would not be happy about it. Ditto for darcy tucker too (but lol at that ever happening)

&gt; Max benched tonight.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Avery draws more penalties then any one in the league... any team would want him.

Saying that you don't want him on your team is like saying "I don't like when my team is on the power play"
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol whatever; he's already been on my team &amp; went by the name of Matthew Barnaby.
I'm sure he's in Miller/Drury's head too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Briere takes a DUMB penalty in period 2 taking a swipe at Avery. This is exactly my point. Skill player doing dumb chizz because Avery said something. This is the PLAYOFFS and he has guys off their game. It is an intangible skill that most teams would love to have.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!!!!1111!!!!!11!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM

[censored]
Old 05-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Add another hosejob to the list. Sigh. How hard is it to get camera angles that can see the puck.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 PM

So buffalo gets the shaft again. In Buffalo, the red light goes on. Hosed for sure.

Bull [censored] [censored].