Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: NHL playoff thread blah blah

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure it will be wednesday

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...not sure if anyone heard/read if that was the definitively the case...

I'm pretty excited to start watching this Sabres/Rangers series, even though my Blueshirts will probably wind up losing in the end.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...not sure if anyone heard/read if that was the definitively the case...

I'm pretty excited to start watching this Sabres/Rangers series, even though my Blueshirts will probably wind up losing in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel the same way about devils/senators - the devils looked like they were going to get bounced from the playoffs, now they've got new life - it's almost like they are freerolling. by no means do i think the devils are better than either the senators or the sabres.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Canucks tonight... at home... they've been in this position before, back in 2003, up 3-1 against a pesky Wild team. Same thing here. I just hope they can pull this out, because even from a calm Vancouver fan's standpoint, I'll be very dissapointed if they lose. The rest of the city will probably riot.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The long break may hurt the Rangers like it hurt the Devils last year. If the Rangers win at least one of the first two in Buffalo I think they have a great chance to win the series. Everyone talks about how Buffalo has 3 good scoring lines but they forget that they don't have a line that can match up well defensively against the top Rangers line. It should be a good series.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel the same way about devils/senators - the devils looked like they were going to get bounced from the playoffs, now they've got new life - it's almost like they are freerolling. by no means do i think the devils are better than either the senators or the sabres.

[/ QUOTE ]

If their series against the Pens is any indication, the Sens should win this series fairly convincingly. However, game 1 will probably tell the story of the rest of the series. The Sens have a history of winning a series easily, only to come out flat in the next round.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The long break may hurt the Rangers like it hurt the Devils last year. If the Rangers win at least one of the first two in Buffalo I think they have a great chance to win the series. Everyone talks about how Buffalo has 3 good scoring lines but don't have a line that can match up well defensively against the top Rangers line. It should be a good series.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll definitely be a high-scoring series, that's for sure. We'll see a few scores of 6-5 and 5-4.

Almost everyone will pick Buffalo, but the Rangers have been on fire for the last month and a half, and playing just as well (or better) than Buffalo. If Miller is shaky, the Rangers will probably end up taking the series.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If their series against the Pens is any indication, the Sens should win this series fairly convincingly. However, game 1 will probably tell the story of the rest of the series. The Sens have a history of winning a series easily, only to come out flat in the next round.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it is. i mean c'mon you cannot compare the devils and penguins with regard to defense or goaltending. senators got numerous odd-man breaks, etc that they will just not get against new jersey. however, new jersey also doesn't possess the potent offense that the penguins do. still, defense and goaltending wins championships.

i still expect the senators to win, but anyone picking either of these teams in less than 6 should have their head examined imo.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Tri:

It's on, bitch.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tri:

It's on, bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight. now we see if you were right about chara or not. some of our guys are getting hot at just the right time.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it is. i mean c'mon you cannot compare the devils and penguins with regard to defense or goaltending. senators got numerous odd-man breaks, etc that they will just not get against new jersey. however, new jersey also doesn't possess the potent offense that the penguins do. still, defense and goaltending wins championships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the Pens and Devils are two completely opposite teams in terms of the make-up of their teams. However, the Sens were so strong against the Pens that I don't think it really mattered who they played against, they would have beaten just about anybody.

They'll have more trouble scoring against Brodeur, but they shouldn't need to score too many goals to win. The Devils scored the fewest goals of any playoff-bound team.

If the Sens were able to shut down Crosby and Malkin, they should be able to shut down the Devils.

[ QUOTE ]

i still expect the senators to win, but anyone picking either of these teams in less than 6 should have their head examined imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Brodeur will single-handedly win a couple of games for the Devils. However, the Devils do not have the scoring to win the series. The Sens will win in 6 games.