Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Did I overplay top top in FTOPS?

In the flop youve correctly priced out all but monster draws, and he doesnt have the As. When he calls you have to be concerned that he's got a real hand. He can't be sure if your flop lead is a cb or a wide range of real hands.

When you check the turn he is most likely going to read you as weak or AJ, and leave yourself open to a bluff. Your hand isnt strong enough for a check/push imo so yes its overplayed.

Just lead the turn. If he comes over the top you still have a decision to make, but I think its easier to fold than the way it was played, because he cant narrow your range any tighter than AJ,QQ+ and sets, and the only hand he can reasonably expect to push you off is AJ. (If youve played LAGGY I suppose he could put you on a double barrel semi-bluff, but Id find it hard to pull the trigger on a bluff into that.)

Id probably have to call as played because youve hidden your value well here, and as DS says in TFAP, you can't be too shy about calling to aggression when youve hidden your strength.