Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Default analysing ev graph??

Ok, so i see all these ev graphs around here..What can we conclude from them and are they really an important way of looking at how you playing?

I took a graph of my pt 10nl

This graph means that i suck right? I don't know what other info i can conclude out of this?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: analysing ev graph??

If your red line (Sklanskly Bucks) is much higher than your green line (Total Winnings) then your what we call running under expectation.

Losing money before showdown isn't necessarily bad, it's mostly a style thing - you have players like kotkis (obviously an extreme example) that can be -80k at SD and still be up 140k...

Hope this helps,

~bw
Old 11-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: analysing ev graph??

I thought Sklansky Bucks only has any relevance to your showdown winnings, and whether you are ahead of expectations there. I thought the Total winnings just took into account non-showdown winnings as well.

So this graph shows Showdown winnings a little below Sklansky bucks, so you're slightly behind. And Total winnings is far below showdown winnings which means lots of money is been lost playing hands that don't reach showdown?