Johnny Cash-Gods gonna Get You Down 30 5.46%
Oasis- Champagne Supernova 65 11.84%
Oasis-Wonderwall 72 13.11%
Tracy Chapman -Fast Car 37 6.74%
Tracy Chapman -Give Me One Reason 15 2.73%
Voters: 549. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
no offense but i think that's totally standard?

[/ QUOTE ]
mhh k, im too weaktight then, thought hed have his strait and this was only a tilt call :P
Old 11-14-2007, 03:42 AM

[censored] kalhhahahah just bubbled in a 24+2 sat to the FTOPS main event. 23 runners, first got a seat and i came second obv and I [censored] played the biggest donk station headsup and he flops two pairs and i flop top pair. kldhhklagsasdghkl'asdhk
Old 11-14-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stud8 is hard. Stud high is cake.

I busto'd out of 8 mtt's tonight, cashed in one other. Now I am straight pwning mofos in limit. This game comes so much easier for me. Why do I keep sucking at NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite obvious isn't it? Every other post you talk about being on tilt. That's not the best state to be playing poker in.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's quite obvious isn't it? Every other post you talk about being on tilt. That's not the best state to be playing poker in.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, it's difficult to make decisions for stack type bets on tilt. One of my bigger NL leaks is making a thin-ish value bet and calling raises. My game is extremely unbalanced in that I semibluff, value bet and fastplay everything which works brilliantly in limit. I need to check behind and slowplay in spots at NL but I can't quite figure out where. Meh.

In summary: Limit is elegant, balanced. No limit is erratic, confusing and tilts me.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 AM

I like limit fishmax, but the thing with limit is that it is VERY read intensive. At 1/2 and below, you're against 60/10 type players, so ...

But once you hit 2/4 and above, you need reads. Your edge is soo small that one BB mistake erases 50-100 hands profit, while in NL whether your winrate is 7, 5 or 3 isn't as critical, so you can just accept 3 ptbb and fire up 8 tables instead to compensate if need be.

But playing 3 tables minbet fishmax is actually great fun.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In summary: Limit is elegant, balanced. No limit is erratic, confusing and tilts me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say that limit is elegant???
Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But playing 3 tables minbet fishmax is actually great fun.

[/ QUOTE ]I just play two and focus entirely on developing good reads and mixing up my game. Most players are far, far too aggro at .5/1 limit or too passive. People do seem to remember lines you take and just mix it up, c/r a lot in spots where it seems like you are folding to a bet. Showing down bluffs is great, sometimes do it a little bit too often. Do it a few times and they never fold Ace high, ever.

The lines aren't quite as complex IMO so it's easy to figure out what most people are doing. They notice what you are doing to some extent but do not alter their own game. Mostly just against aggro players, you can trap them for extra bets and get them to hopelessly bluff into pots. Against passive fish always use the same lines because who cares. Then the aggro players think you are using those exact lines on them. I dunno, it's fun as hell. Even when I lose.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 AM

The site I play just changed the currency from dollars to euros. This means my 20NL game is now worth 1.46 times as much as before, because the players at 20NL are the same. Nice.

Only downside is that the maximum rake per pot hasn't been divided by the exchange rate.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM

Whats up uNL?

Been out the loop so long I went to play FT and thought something had gone down as they were very few tables.

Seems software update has a auto checked hide full tables -doh took me a while to work out -dumb munkey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't say limit is elegant either more like stabbing yourself repeadetly with a rusty bluntish knife.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Whats up uNL?

Been out the loop so long I went to play FT and thought something had gone down as they were very few tables.

Seems software update has a auto checked hide full tables -doh took me a while to work out -dumb munkey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't say limit is elegant either more like stabbing yourself repeadetly with a rusty bluntish knife.

[/ QUOTE ]welcome back... post more ldo

and i am with munkey in the group that says limit is lame as [censored]. how boring. if im not throwing 200bbs stack in the middle on the turn with air then im not enjoying myself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread