Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: What to do?

Although it is scary to be called by 5 other players and now have this board on the turn it seems as though there are quite a few hands that may call a turn bet that I have beat: AQ,AK,AT,QT,KQ,KT Ax. These are all hands that could have called a preflop raise. Even if I get raised I would have a good redraw. Is loosing value from these calls by checking worth the money saved those times I am raised?

If I get raised it comes down to who did the raising and from where as to whether I will call a river bet.

What if there were two diamonds on the flop instead of a rainbow? Would this change your decision on the turn?

If I decide to check the turn and it gets checked through what is your plan on the river?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: What to do?

Given random cards there is almost a 2/3 probability somebody else has a J. And the cards aren't really random, I would think people would call pre-flop with a J more frequently.

I would check the turn and call.

If it got raised on the turn one or more times I wuold definitely fold the river UI. Because of odds on the draw I would call multiple turn bets.

If it gets bet once on the turn and then once on the river, I would call UI.

If it were a two-suited flop and the flush came home on the river I would likely fold to the guy representing the flush especially if the turn bettor, representing the straight, had not yet folded.