Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 4)

My rankings:

Seahawks 1.738
Packers 1.696
Cowboys 1.539
Giants 1.484
Bucs 1.404
Cardinals 1.334
Eagles 1.284
Vikins 1.223
Redskins 0.854
Lions 0.839
Panthers 0.764
Falcons 0.727
Bears 0.611
49ers 0.605
Saints 0.511
Rams 0.360

Eagles too high and Lions too low due to a possible fluke of a game that skewed the numbers a bit.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm still not sold on my Packers after the Eagles and Chargers displayed utter incompetence last week. I think the true measure of how good this team can be is still a ways ahead (the game in Dallas).
Old 10-04-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not sold on my Packers after the Eagles and Chargers displayed utter incompetence last week. I think the true measure of how good this team can be is still a ways ahead (the game in Dallas).

[/ QUOTE ]If they have five or six more wins by then and they get killed by the Cowboys, it doesn't matter, they still will have a first round bye.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be so sure the Cardinals schedule finishes easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you don't get to play the Rams every week of the season, but the Cards still have them twice. And the Saints. And the Niners. That's a whole lot of bad right there.

[ QUOTE ]
The Redskins/Lions will be interesting this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

What odds could I have gotten at the beginning of the season Skins/Lions would be game of the week? 100-1? 500-1?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Eagles really missed Westbrook last week. They couldn't slow down the pass rush at all and screens to Westbrook

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - this is really the only way Westbrook would have been better than Buck, since Buck did run the ball very well. They tried to run a couple screens with Buck but weren't too successful.

Westbrook is better in blitz pickup too, but I don't think that would have helped much since Andy wasn't really keeping in a back to block.

[ QUOTE ]
They have not hit the defcon five that the Bears have injury wise, but they are getting close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well on the good side, mostly everyone is week-to-week. Lito, Dawk and Westbrook should all be back for the next game. I don't know about Tra, and to make matters on the O-Line worse, starting LG Herremans just had surgery and he's questionable for hte next game too. But it's possible they will both be back by the next game. LJ Smith is the injury that doesn't worry me at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Carolina is going nowhere without Delhomme. David Carr is not the answer

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither is Delhomme.

[ QUOTE ]

Most shocking line of Week 5...

GB -3 v. Chicago

What??????

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG. And I was in the [censored] Bellagio last night and never went into the sports book. WTF. I hope that line doesn't move before tonight.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Green Bay isn't anywhere near as good as Dallas. According to DVOA they're not even as good as Tampa. Or Seattle.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Kyro,

Do your rankings include margin of victory?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seattle had a big win this week. They were saved by Alex Smith going down and Trent Dilfer looking like he retired in 2005 and just figured he could pick up a pay check for a few years before anyone noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Alex Smith is bad, and I doubt he would have done signifigantly better than Dilfer. Smith had 6 turnovers in the first four games and in his first series of the the SEA game he got squished for a loss of 10 and went 0-1. Dilfer did about what Smith had averaged in the first four games while getting sacked/hit on every play. The SF offensive line was horrible and the Hawks have the ability to put a lot of pressure on the QB. They were not saved.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM

I agree with this, and I'm a hardcore Niners fan. I actually initially thought brining in Dilfer might give the offense a little spark, but I guess he packed it in when he won the super bowl. The line play has been dreadful. Smith wasn't making plays to Davis and teh receivers, and teams are keying in on Gore. I'm absolutely sick about trading that pick away to the Pats now. I was cautiously optimistic about this season, didn't think the team was a lock for the WC like some did, but this level of play has been atrocious. This team should be 0-4 right now

Chargers, prs to be firing Norv Turner to let us have him back. Otherwise, please DIAGF.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seattle had a big win this week. They were saved by Alex Smith going down and Trent Dilfer looking like he retired in 2005 and just figured he could pick up a pay check for a few years before anyone noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Alex Smith is bad, and I doubt he would have done signifigantly better than Dilfer. Smith had 6 turnovers in the first four games and in his first series of the the SEA game he got squished for a loss of 10 and went 0-1. Dilfer did about what Smith had averaged in the first four games while getting sacked/hit on every play. The SF offensive line was horrible and the Hawks have the ability to put a lot of pressure on the QB. They were not saved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get he turned the ball over 6 times this year. He threw 1 pick this year for an INT against Pittsburgh and has had 0 fumbles all year.

Honestly I think he's regressed this year. It doesn't help that the o-line especially Larry Allen has been terrible so far. I don't think he's significantly better or worse than Dilfer right now I just think Seattle has played well and Dilfer hasn't taken a snap in years. Doesn't help that VD was out as well.