FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

Far from an expert here, but, in reply to billmagnet's post, doesn't it really look like they came up with a "bot" system but had humans execute it PRECISELY so they would not be breaking the rules?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a very reasonable explanation. The guys who are running the accounts could be just totally on auto-pilot most of the time and clicking the button which the software tells them to. This would help explain the long pauses for simple decisions (waiting to see what the computer says to do) and also how slow they are to react to obviously being exploited.
[ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would they do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I shall explain...

[ QUOTE ]

They just have to waste their life hours and hours every day to manually do the last 1%?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consider earning $$$ playing poker a waste of life hours, yes.

The last 1% is critical. And it is really more like 50%, despite the triviality of writing code to do the clicking. So long as software assistance does not automate both the decision making process AND the actioning of a decision, not a bot.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Does anyone else wish they had bots for rakeback purposes???
Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM

I am a very proud $11k/month MGR leaving FTP for stars permanently, have fun processing my cashout requests for the next few weeks.

Helllooooo stars

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...25DepositBonus
Old 05-11-2007, 04:04 PM

One angle to this that I've not seen is that there are players missing at 100NL that up until the beginning of April where playing 12+ tables everytime I logged in.

I remember wondering where they went, having played against them every day up until their disappearance.

I'm hesitant to post names and their stats do not exactly match those of the accused in this thread, but the style was similar (i.e. 12% VPIP, 8% PFR).

just seems wierd that they went AWOL the same time the investigation started, and they have NOT returned.

Could be a coincidence, has anyone else notice missing plyers that up until recently were grinding 10 or more tables every day?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:16 PM

oh also, just to add....the simple fact that humans can beat 1/2nl playing a stringent set of simple rules also means that bots can do it to. So yeah, I dont think these guys are bots, but it should still show all the "NL is waaay to hard for bots to beat" that bots can (and most likely) are beating these limits, and limits even higher.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Well Alobar, they didnt beat the game by much, at least on average.

I learned very early on that anyone could beat the game by sticking to very stringent TAG play with only premium starting hands and lots of folding. Its only a problem strategy if a) all others are using the same strategy or b) a skilled player figures out your strategy, or c) you actually prefer playing poker.

It's a very small win rate for a lot of boring play, of course, so its ideal for a bot, or people paid minimum wage to act like bots.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]

Why does is it seem that the fish are "reserved" for the on-line poker junkies but shouldn't be made available to "bots". In another words many poker on-line players are using poker odds calculator's, shark scope and other computer poker software to gain an unfair advantage over fishes that they wouldn't be able to use in live play.

You play on-line you should have to play against anyone, including bots.
Everyone has to have the same advantage or none of you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the things you mention constitute an unfair advantage because they are available to all and are explicitly allowed by the poker sites.

Bots are explicitly forbidden by the poker sites making them the definition of unfair advantage software.

Humans using poker tracker, sharkscope, HUDs, odds calculators and etc still suffer from tilt, fatigue, loss of focus, boredom, and impatience. Bots will play as they are programmed for as long as they are on with no dropoff from fatigue or any of the other things I mentioned.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does is it seem that the fish are "reserved" for the on-line poker junkies but shouldn't be made available to "bots". In another words many poker on-line players are using poker odds calculator's, shark scope and other computer poker software to gain an unfair advantage over fishes that they wouldn't be able to use in live play.

You play on-line you should have to play against anyone, including bots.
Everyone has to have the same advantage or none of you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ray Bornert's new account?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why people think only a bot would be capable of playing by rote.

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post in probability

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems you are saying that different people with different strategies have differing stats. Or am I misunderstanding?