Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 AM

Default Cant win anymore - no matter what

Playing on Full Tilt and just cant win. My bankroll is now in serious trouble. I usually play 5/10limit but it is becoming dangerous to play this level as my roll has been hit so hard. Only 10K left and if this drops below 6K Im going to have to start looking for a proper job (sob).

For last 2 weeks around 90% of hands have been amazing beats.

I have played for over 4 years and have been playing full time since January and Ive never experienced a run like this. I can handle a couple of days were I cant win but 2 weeks is something else.

I have hit less than 5% of every flopped flush/open straight draw. Losing to runner runners and 2 outers etc nearly every pot im pushing. I lose over 95% of pots that are 10BB or bigger normally on river after i have have been pushing with best hand. And these beats normally come against a single opponent. If there is more than 1 opponent in the hand I know for sure that Im going to get sucked out on, but heads-up pots are just as bad.

I dont know what to do anymore. I wake up with hope every day as i know that I play winning poker, however, as soon as I start to play I get crushed by [censored]. This mornings session I suffered these beats as soon as I start playing:

Lose to gutshot straight on turn when I flopped top pair in a heads up pot. (I raised from UTG with AQ and he called with 4 7 from BB)

lose $149 pot on river when I have capped turn with two pair and he hits trips on river.

lose on river with Q9 v 97 (SB v BB) on flop of 8 8 9 (3 bet on flop) turn 6 (I check raised him) river 10

lose again in a blinds battle - I have K6s he has K4o on flop of 3 6 4 turn blank river 4

lose with AK v J10 - I raise from UTG he calls from 2nd position. Flop 3 9 A rainbow, I bet, he raises - i call and check raise him on turn when J hits. Of course river is 10 giving him runner runner 2 pair.

Every mutherfucking time this bullsh1t happens. I hear that Full-Tilt was meant to have good players, not in my experience. Its a site full of calling station morons who have been hitting everything, not just against me but Ive noticed other good players getting hammered by same [censored], runner runners, 4 flushes, 2 outers and gutshots.

I cant take it there anymore after this morning. In 4 years Ive never had such a sustained amount of beats. 2 [censored] weeks without a single winning day.

The coinflips area nother good one - if I have PP v 1 other caller they will hit even if they have only 1 overcard. But when its the other way round their PP holds up. I losing over 80% of coinflip situations like this.

Do I need a break from poker completely? This might make me worse as I have 3 kids to support and if I dont play and win we dont eat. Should I try a different room? I raked it in 95% of days on Party so this is a shock to my system on full-tilt.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Cant win anymore - no matter what

Get a job your trying to support kids on 5/10 limit wtf are you single under 25 and have no kids no you are not get a real job play poker part time think of the children man.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 AM

The large majority of our population (by population, I mean able-bodied, middle aged males like yourself) has a job. It's not such a bad thing. If I had 3 kids and their well-being depended on my $10,000 poker bankroll, I'd be scared.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do I need a break from poker completely? This might make me worse as I have 3 kids to support and if I dont play and win we dont eat. Should I try a different room? I raked it in 95% of days on Party so this is a shock to my system on full-tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest trying to get your mom to take care of your kids and then killing yourself.

I know I suggest people "drink draino" and similar things a lot, but here I'm serious. It would be the best thing to do for your family.

If you can get a life insurance policy and make it look like it wasn't suicide you should try to do that as well. Best of luck not living any more.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:30 AM

playing poker for a career as a single person is okay because you're probably the only getting screwed if you go busto. even then if you have a spouse, they understand the risks of poker BRs.

but if you have kids...wtf. unless you seriously know how to grind it out, get a stable, reliable job. poker should be to make spending money at that point, not to pull in an income.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:34 AM

If poker has been working for you for years with the kids and all I don't know. I've never been on a run that bad but I know it happens. Try a change of scenery, some other site. If not get another job to build more of a roll while you take some time off of poker.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:34 AM

how are the children?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 AM

you've been playing for 4 years and still play 5/10 limit?

neat.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you've been playing for 4 years and still play 5/10 limit?

neat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my 4th year and I'm at NL10. holla
Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 AM

Listen - I have made 22K (pounds) so far this year fom poker - around 40K dollars. My last job paid 16K a year. Wages in Northern Ireland are not very high but the cost of living is low. By playing poker I also get generous state benefits which takes my annual income to far more than I could earn in a proper job.

I can usually make 200-300 a day easily but not anymore.

Here is the final hand that I will ever play on Full-Tilt
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $8/$16
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.75BB

He had KJo.

Joke after joke on this mutherfucing site. I mean I raised from UTG, what hands can this idiot caller beat if he doesnt hit his gutshot?