Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 08:04 AM

Default 2/4, 66 hu.

hi all,

this is sb's second hand at the table, so no informations on him. i don't really like the way i played the hand, but what could/should i have done differently? was it worth raising the flop? seeing the river?
advices very appreciated.tx

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-01-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Re: 2/4, 66 hu.

I think the flop is raise or fold and I quite like the raise. I most likely fold the turn if villian leads but Im rubbish at blind defence.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM

Either raise or fold the flop I think calling is the worst. With only 4sb in the pot a fold is not terrible. On the other hand if you raise and he re-raises fold, you are probably drawing to one out (non-spade six). By calling you have no idea where you are in the hand.

If you bet and he just calls the raise, bet a blank on the turn. If he calls that then check through the river UI.

Best of luck,
Mygtar
Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM

I usually just fold the flop against an unknown. It's going to be difficult to make good decisions on the expensive streets since I don't know what turn/river cards are good for me, and the pot isn't big enough to be worth it.

If I was going to continue, I would raise the flop and usually bet the turn and check down on the river.

If I was going to just call the flop, it would be with the intention of raising the turn for a free showdown.

If I called the flop and turn, I would go ahead and call the river too. Villain is probably semibluffing/bluffing at this scary board 1 time in 6 or so. But honestly I would never would be in this spot by this point in the hand.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:46 PM

I love the open-limp play from the SB. As the BB I see this every once in a great while and I'm always like jesus wtf seriously?? Let me ask a question, when I see this should I be auto-raising nearly any two? These players are generally really loose and passive and almost always willing to give up if they don't bullseye the flop. Or is it not even worth it?

Anyway, tiny pot, player who's passive enough to open-limp from the SB bets, probably drawing to a spade that might not be high enough, I fold the flop.

With a read, maybe you could take a more aggressive line - and it might not even be worth it then - but here I definitely don't see it.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the open-limp play from the SB. As the BB I see this every once in a great while and I'm always like jesus wtf seriously?? Let me ask a question, when I see this should I be auto-raising nearly any two? These players are generally really loose and passive and almost always willing to give up if they don't bullseye the flop. Or is it not even worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Imo openlimps from Sb isn't that uncommon in lower limits. I think it would be wrong to raise any two preflop unless you have a read. There are merits keeping the pot small making his mistakes postflop bigger. And players openlimping from Sb often is loose just as you say, but that most often means they're also willing to peel the flop loose imo. I would raise a wide range, but far from any two.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM

To me calling is the worst option on the flop. Raise fold to three bet. If called bet turn and check river UI. Villain could easily be on a semi bluff here with a turn heavy board such as this.

As the way you played it I fold the turn. You have lost control of the hand.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:23 PM

There are only 4 sbs in the pot, 2 overs to your pair, reverse implied odds, and a bettor who is likely passive or PF sandbagging. Easy fold.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 AM

Raise flop with the intention of checking through the turn UI and folding UI to a river bet.

If I take the call/call line here on the flop &amp; turn, it's because I'm planning to call the river unimproved as well...and for that I would need a read that tells me SB is capable of leading every street on a bluff, and also capable of 3betting any given street on a bluff.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 AM

So say hero had raised the flop here instead and the turn got checked through are you saying you wouldnt call a bet on the end when the 7 falls and you have shown weakness on the turn?