Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: line check. (lol)

sorry my bad, i was thinking about 3 betting for some reason. i should close down my tables apparently iam retarded.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Could you guys please explain why you like the flop check?

I'd bet this flop for sure here; what better flop can you ask for to c-bet in this situation once you decided to 4-bet trash like 45? I think villian will fold a lot of better hands to a decent bet.

@OP: why dont you see villian having JJ,TT here?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 PM

because cold calling a 4 bet OOP with a mid pair having no set mining odds means that your calling because you think you beat the persons range and you are calling because the only way to make more money is to let the person bet. (pushing would give the 4 bettor a chance to fold a weaker hand and call with a stronger)

so if hes calling its because he thinks hes ahead and he needs me to bet out again to make any money. I felt he was trapping me 90%+ of the time and just didnt see how bet folding here could possibly be justified when 85% of the time i have a backdoor 5 clean outs.

not to mention if i check now hes stuck with a [censored] spot to be on turn. does he lead out and risk a bet fold situation or does he check down for value. Thus possibly leading to one more free card.

i dunno i think vs an unknown you have to make general assumptions. if this was a reg i had 300+ hands on and knew that he calls 4 bets lightly just to fold a flop that doesnt hit (other words spews huge) then yea iam obv loving this dry board to bet out at.

(iam really bad at explaining things and i do play pretty awkward poker alot of the time)
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because cold calling a 4 bet OOP with a mid pair having no set mining odds means that your calling because you think you beat the persons range and you are calling because the only way to make more money is to let the person bet. (pushing would give the 4 bettor a chance to fold a weaker hand and call with a stronger)

so if hes calling its because he thinks hes ahead and he needs me to bet out again to make any money. I felt he was trapping me 90%+ of the time and just didnt see how bet folding here could possibly be justified when 85% of the time i have a backdoor 5 clean outs.

not to mention if i check now hes stuck with a [censored] spot to be on turn. does he lead out and risk a bet fold situation or does he check down for value. Thus possibly leading to one more free card.

i dunno i think vs an unknown you have to make general assumptions. if this was a reg i had 300+ hands on and knew that he calls 4 bets lightly just to fold a flop that doesnt hit (other words spews huge) then yea iam obv loving this dry board to bet out at.

(iam really bad at explaining things and i do play pretty awkward poker alot of the time)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your answer. I now understand your reasoning, but i think you give an unknown to much respect saying he will only call this 4-bet when he thinks he's ahead.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if hes 80/40 you are never in this situation. Unless you are retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL why would you ever 4b a 80/40 with 5 high?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 PM

yeah 4 betting this is really bad, and the hand plays itself once the flop comes down.