Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: New cliffsnotes for old Absolute cliffsnotes thread

So... now what?

It seems like it is all in Absolute's hands, for better or worse, as far as proof/reimbursement. And we can each make our own estimates of the chances of that.

Do the high-stakes 2+2ers players say "F it" and go back? Do non-high-stakes 2+2ers go back? Cause if they all leave, the games are sure gonna be soft...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 AM

[censored] chipdumping, i couldnt care less how they distribute their ill gained bloodmoney. Nvm the noobs that dont know how to read AP HHs, and cant see cheating if i misshuffled the cards in front of them(and im bad at that).

What we need to do is find some way of putting pressure on AP!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So... now what?

It seems like it is all in Absolute's hands, for better or worse, as far as proof/reimbursement. And we can each make our own estimates of the chances of that.

Do the high-stakes 2+2ers players say "F it" and go back? Do non-high-stakes 2+2ers go back? Cause if they all leave, the games are sure gonna be soft...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, and that's the primary reason I would consider still playing there. But if I don't get my money back, there is no chance. throughout this mammoth thread there have been many various accusations about the integrity of AP's games, and I don't know how much to believe (besides the superaccounts obviously). But I don't want to play on any site that could A. allow something like this to happen and B. not react by catching the perpetrators and implementing full restitution for those who were cheated.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So... now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that most 2+2 regs will talk big, keep some money on there, and end up never leaving if the games get better. So they will be softer for a while.

UNLESS, this issue has become so big that fish start to hear about it (which from the other threads it seems like they have). This is a big concern, as many fish will think if it happened on Absolute it can happen anywhere.

I thought it was Cowpig that mentioned a fish mentioning it to him, but I can't find the post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys, dont tilt!!

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]
whatever!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 AM

how about if the highstakes players make a complaint together? Instead of leaving one by one? I dont think they would listen to my complaint, since I dont play cashgames at all, and hence is not nearly as profitable for them to care about. But they would have to listen to a joint complaint, right?

From more than a "random internet fora", they need to get the message in with a hammer; "we will leave AP, if you do not officially send out a statement outing the involved cheaters, and a trial(?) against them too" and maybe something about refunds?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So... now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that most 2+2 regs will talk big, keep some money on there, and end up never leaving if the games get better. So they will be softer for a while.

UNLESS, this issue has become so big that fish start to hear about it (which from the other threads it seems like they have). This is a big concern, as many fish will think if it happened on Absolute it can happen anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, all this evidence is way too sophisticated for the fish, and they all think poker is rigged anyway, and it was an isolated incident, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm not too worried about broader repercussions.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Deciding to Return to Absolute

Deciding to return to Absolute is presumably a simple calculation.

Clearly, if Absolute believes nothing is wrong and takes no action (this appears to be their current situation) then the chance of getting money stolen from you again in the future is 100%.

I don't care how good you are - you simply cannot beat someone who can read your cards, as the moron cheater in this case demonstrated.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about if the highstakes players make a complaint together? Instead of leaving one by one? I dont think they would listen to my complaint, since I dont play cashgames at all, and hence is not nearly as profitable for them to care about. But they would have to listen to a joint complaint, right?

From more than a "random internet fora", they need to get the message in with a hammer; "we will leave AP, if you do not officially send out a statement outing the involved cheaters, and a trial(?) against them too" and maybe something about refunds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Christ no statements or trials please.

Just give $$ back quietly, and quietly convince us you've fixed the problem.

Like "There was 100% no problem whatsoever, but if there was, we've fixed it" and then convince a respected 2+2er or two that they are not FOS.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Deciding to Return to Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
Deciding to return to Absolute is presumably a simple calculation.

Clearly, if Absolute believes nothing is wrong and takes no action (this appears to be their current situation) then the chance of getting money stolen from you again in the future is 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) This is debatable depending on who you are.
2.) It might still be +EV to play there. Especially if everyone else who is clueful leaves.

I'm not advocating playing there-- I've never had an account-- I'm just curious how this will all shake out.
Closed Thread