Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Sends me to Monte Carlo with nothing...

He's not playing for free.
He won a satellite.

If I enter a $200 SNG and win $1000 then is FT giving me $1000 "for free"?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This post is completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZB, Usher, MB, et al.,

Good Lord guys. It would seem that "retarded" must be in the eye of the beholder, because you guys are ridin' the short bus in my view.

Between the Discover, MasterCard, and Visa I have in my wallet at this moment, I can walk into any bank and get a $25,000 cash advance -- now.

If I take the time to draw up a personal financial statement, I can walk into my bank, and they will borrow me no less than 50% of my net worth with a simple signature.

If you're anywhere near (or above) the age of 25, and are anything more than a freaking street bum, $13k in 24 hours is a no-brainer.

I'm beginning to wonder who the posters actually are here on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm 25 and I only have 1 credit card with a 5k line @ 9.9apr. Even with my perfect credit score, I'm not sure many banks would be thrilled to fork me over 10k+ to use for a poker tournament. Am I missing something? They do usually ask what the money's for right?

OP did mess up, but they way FTP handled it was horrible. Gl man.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not playing for free.
He won a satellite.

If I enter a $200 SNG and win $1000 then is FT giving me $1000 "for free"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it's $13k, not 1K -- but let's quit swinging a sledgehammer at a gnat.

Fact: OP [censored] up
Fact: Full Tilt said, "Ok, you [censored] up, but here's your money anyway, figure it out"
Fact: OP was too stoopid to figure it out.
Result: 2+2er's are in an uproar about FT's lack of customer service.

This is a classic case of "common sense" -- which you all seem to seriously lack.

Disclaimer: I don't play at Full Tilt. I just find this discussion amusing.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Microbob,

You're acting like he got stranded in Monte Carlo with no entry to the event and four days of hotel bills, or whatever. What I got from the OP is that he messed up his own reservations, tried to correct it through FT - not the airline, even - and then hopped on a plane without hearing a response.

I completely agree that it would have been politic for FT to eat the wire transfer fee and tell him the Monte Carlo Western Union had his money. This goes double if they checked his play history and saw that the fee was a pittance compared to his monthly contributed rake. But at the same time, I can't get too worked up about some guy breezing through plane reservations without even checking the start time of a $10k event and messing it up.

Sure, it would be pretty easy for FT to eat the fee. Only $20 or something, right? Too bad OP couldn't do something even easier and check out the tournament before clicking "confirm" for an international flight, and then getting on said flight without any clue of whether he had an entry or not.

Also, cardcounter is a huge douche and troll.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:50 AM

FT saying they couldn't do anything would have been better than what they did.

FT trying to find SOME way to help him after he said this isn't going to work would have been nice.

If a player had this problem on Stars there's no way they would just put the money in there and say, "Go buy yourself in."
They would ASK if that's okay.

If, somehow, they actually screwed this up and did put the money in without asking first they would THEN actually listen to and respond to the request of the poster to find an alternate solution when he just doesn't have that money on him.

And they wouldn't take several days to do it.

FT's solution here was worse than the original problem and their inaction after the guy said, "Wait....I don't have that kind of money" is even more appalling.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:52 AM

I'm sorry, I was confused.

I thought he won an entry into the event.
Apparently, what he won was "here is 13k in your account that you can get later, hope you are able to scrap up money on your own to enter the event".

I haven't looked at the site to see if they advertise winning an actual entry, or if they advertise winning a reimbursement in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:01 AM

Just goes to show that just a LITTLE extra customer service can put you over the top of your competitors. Not everyone has 100k checking accounts or bricks hidden under their beds. If I'm a small stakes player who satellited into an event for 40 bucks and now have to run around the city lying to banks in order to get a personal loan... I'm not one happy customer.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 AM

Microbob,

Sorry, I don't ever play tournaments and don't play live more than a few times a year. When you say, "FT saying they couldn't do anything would have been better than what they did," do you mean that it would have been better for FT not to put the $13k or whatever in his acocunt and just tell him to get there on time or risk being blinded off?

Like I said, the best solution would be for FT to eat the wire fee, even if OP is a play money guy who's never generated any more rake then the tournament he entered. Cheap advertising, good will, yada yada. But I really don't see how them giving him the cash value in his FT account is a horrible solution, assuming he's still at home. Just refund the plane tickets, call the hotel to cancel, and book a plane - on time, this go around - for the next EPT event.

The best solution is FT going out of its way, but the easiest, most surefire solution? Don't get on a plane to [censored] Monte Carlo without a buy-in to a $10k event. Refund the tickets, cancel the hotel, and book the next EPT event. And check the start time before doing so.

EDIT: FWIW, when thinking about it, I get the feeling that Stars would have someone on-site at the tournament. FT not having a presence is a bit weird to me, and my assumption that Stars is there in person says a lot about my impression of their CS.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:05 AM

Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like the flight change was not the cause of this problem, but instead the mail he sent to FT about the flight change brought to light FT's (non)method for registering him in this event.

If that's the case, he's lucky he changed his flight, or he might have ended up in Monte Carlo for Day 1a to find that he's not registered, and no FT representative around to help out.

Err, which is what happened anyhow, it sounds like, but at least he had some heads-up.

Anyone know if this is how FT is normally handling their package buyins recently?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: LOL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play there but doesn't this describe UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

UB has much better rakeback than that. Their cust serv is horrible, and for some reason i don't trust them as much as say i'd trust stars, but stars has non-existent rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate Bet rakeback is going to contributed next month (per threads in the A/R forum) so expect your RB to go down by 50% or so. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

50% seems like an absurdly high estimate.