Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Top pair and an OESD

SB is a calling station and generally predictable up to this point. BB is decent, but will overplay hands/draws:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

This might be spew on this board even though BB is overaggressive. I thought there was a good chance he was pumping a draw and the SB was chasing and padding for me. This might have been a good time to wait for a safe turn card.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Strange that he folded here. I don't know what he would play this way. Maybe I knocked him off of something like K9 or middle pair.

River: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

This might be a bad fold, but after all of that action he can't expect me to fold here. This looks like a bet to ensure it's not checked through. The pot is big though.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 11-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Top pair and an OESD

i think it's fine.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:56 PM

Yeah I think a fold is your best bet. It looks a lot like he hit his flush or some raggy 2 pr came in.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 PM

how many hands have you got on sb? He only needs to bet whiffed overcards 8% of the time here for a river call to be +ev.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many hands have you got on sb? He only needs to bet whiffed overcards 8% of the time here for a river call to be +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might just be quibbling about semantics, but this pretty much isnt true.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:10 PM

SB's overall intention is obviously to pay less unless he hit his flush, however I dont see any reason why he's calling an extra 2sb after you cap it even he's probably holding Axs and he aims to maximize the value on later streets if any of you flopped a straight. I've a question btw why are u leading when a rag fell on turn? You want to see where your hand is or you are just asking for a fold to get HU?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 PM

I'd fold PF. Postflop is standard, but the pot's too big for calling the river to be bad.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold PF. Postflop is standard, but the pot's too big for calling the river to be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the game is too loose at this level to bother pushing these cards?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the game is too loose at this level to bother pushing these cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding PF? Yeah. My thinking is that if villains call the flop loosely, then they'll be doing the right thing since they'll be ahead of our 9 high. I'd steal vs a TAG or someone who doesn't defend his blind enough.