Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Sites with Best Structures

For me I seem to do better when there is a relatively slow structure, so enjoy the Stars rebuys and Full Tilt DS tournies.

However the Stars rebuys are no good for me during the week as they potentially go on too late, so looking for a couple of replacements.

Have had a look around and a lot of the sites have fast strutures for most of their med-small $ buy ins, Cryptos 10 minute levels and steep blind increases, tribecca is pretty much the same.

UB I found was ok as well but the ones starting the times I want to play are not one I want to play.

Is there a site that compares the various structures, or does anyone have any other site suggestions from experience ideally 15 minute blind levels, 10 minutes if the blinds are relatively slow incrementing.

Looking to play a lot more Mtt's again but not the real crap shoot ones.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Sites with Best Structures

Ladbrokes offer the structure you're asking for. The number of entrants to their MTTs leave something to be desired, however. Also, they don't have any antes, which may or may not be good for you (I prefer antes).
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM

Might check them out, not PT compatible which can be an issue when I play multiple ones, played on there ages ago and never really enjoyed it, I think more cos of the crappy prima type software.

Tried Will Hill last night and thought it was a waste of time there was some slight overlay in the £20 guarentee but the blinds went up too quick (for me). Although the $100 wasnt as bad.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might check them out, not PT compatible which can be an issue when I play multiple ones, played on there ages ago and never really enjoyed it, I think more cos of the crappy prima type software.

Tried Will Hill last night and thought it was a waste of time there was some slight overlay in the £20 guarentee but the blinds went up too quick (for me). Although the $100 wasnt as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah the prima software is utter crap, so I'm not a fan of Ladbrokes either.

I really like the Crypto tourneys for week days, and the $50 and $100 structures are good, although the blinds get a bit huge at the end (almost like live). But hey, that's me, I can understand it if you want a slower structure for the regular Crypto MTTs.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:02 AM

The Ladbrokes $20r at 7pm is good. That's about it. Oh, the Second Chance at 10pm is OK too. No antes is very +EV, if you can adjust your game. While the platform, stability and customer support all suck, Prima runs some really nice events.

FWIW, Stars are obviously going to start catering to European players more, and soon.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 AM

Thread from the anthology

If you want a REAL slow structure- try the Stars Deepstacks. Fun, fun (if you have all afternoon).
Old 10-31-2006, 12:33 PM

Mansion poker!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM

The MTTs I personally always did the best in were the low buyin $5 and $10 ones on Pokerroom that ran about every hour. I know everyone hates PR but I just got really good at playing their structure. I don't know exactly what it was about it. I also liked the fact that they didn't get huge (rarely more than 500 people) and ran so often I could play many a day.

Anyone have any tips where I might play similar tournaments now that PR is kicking out US players?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 PM

The Stars Deepstacks are great, but they really do take forever. I played for 8 hours yesterday, got busted 15th or something, and I dont think the final table was decided for about 2 and a half more hours...