Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: How often does this happen?

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 limit at Bay 101. Inconsequentially, I have AA in the BB and raised preflop and bet the flop and turn. Naturally, there are still six in at the river. The final board is TJxxQ. Check, check, check, check, check, check. SB shows JT for two pair, I muck, muck, muck, muck, and button flips over AK for the nuts! THE BUTTON CHECKED THE NUTS ON THE RIVER!

Was he planning to check-raise the dealer? I don't play B&M that much, but my friends tell me that this isn't that rare. They've even seen people muck the nuts. How often do you see this and what other dumb blunders have you seen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the pot big enough already? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 03:03 PM

You play the low limits enough and you will probably see this on almost a daily basis... Just two days ago, I was playing a 50+10 tourney at the Borgata with 50 add-on. Into the start of the 3rd hour, some dude just CALLED a river bet against another play when he held the pure nuts with the A of spades on a 4 spade board. They were fairly good stacks so its not like there was nothing left to raise either.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see this quite a bit, not as much now as I have moved up a few limits. Remembering back when I played $3/6 I saw this all the time. Noobies get nervous sometimes I think and just forget to bet.

I watched a guy muck JJ on 89TQ2 board one time when I raised with QJ. Now It wouldn't have been so bad he was scared of a bigger straight but he mumbles Qs are good as he mucks.

My favorite was when the guy with the headphones, glasses and cool card protector 3-bets river then folds to cap with JJ and says nice catch. board reads Js 3h 5s 5c 9s. Capper shows K high flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stories.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:08 PM

With about seven people in the pot I've seen a guy fold to a bet and raise on an AKQJT rainbowed board. He seemed quite confused when the dealer told everyone to take their final bets back.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup...Understood. Read my previous responses!

[/ QUOTE ]
God, I can't believe you didn't cap on every street [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]