Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Manning stats without Harrison vs Brady

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure we can find many 3 game stretches in Brady's career where he is comparably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, I don't think you could, though I could be wrong. what kills Peyton here are the 6 int's he threw last week. maybe if you go back to 2002, Brady's 2nd year, you can argue he had a 3 game stretch as bad
Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is weird - the cast he had in the NE game was pretty similar to this week. (besides the oline). but subjectively he did look a whole lot worse.

it just means he's human, that's all

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't forget no Freeney on D. Law gives Peyton the "jimmys" and Clark isn't anywhere near 100%. O-line is huge though. Imagine Brady without his o-line where he never gets touched and can just step up. He looks invincible right now. Also KC has a good pass D, actually one of the best in the league.

I just find it funny that he has a couple bad game stretch, albeit 1 game against an instoppable team and the other against a team where Madden has his worst half ever and almost won the game. Then he come sinto this game, he does play mediocre but still he isn't overall a mediocre QB b/c of a bad 3 game stretch. I'm pretty sure we can find many 3 game stretches in Brady's career where he is comparably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 07:14 PM

Whoops. Manning.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure we can find many 3 game stretches in Brady's career where he is comparably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, I don't think you could, though I could be wrong. what kills Peyton here are the 6 int's he threw last week

[/ QUOTE ]

Manning played far worse vs the Chiefs than vs the Chargers.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM

What exactly are we arguing here? Manning has been sacked the fewest times in the league since he came in (IIRC) and has consistently had some of the best receivers and one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Now that Brady FINALLY gets equal or better receivers everyone is blaming his numbers all on them? I don't follow.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, I don't think you could, though I could be wrong. what kills Peyton here are the 6 int's he threw last week. maybe if you go back to 2002, Brady's 2nd year, you can argue he had a 3 game stretch as bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you pretty much can. Take last years Indy game and go two games in either direction. It might not be AS bad, but its comparably bad. Or take any 3 of the first four games from last year, even.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are we arguing here? Manning has been sacked the fewest times in the league since he came in (IIRC) and has consistently had some of the best receivers and one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Now that Brady FINALLY gets equal or better receivers everyone is blaming his numbers all on them? I don't follow.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one is trying to argue against what Brady has done this year. Its the "Manning isn't that good" stuff that is getting all the heat.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Default ***Official Bicker about Manning vs. Brady Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
2p2 needs to follow FO and make an irrational Brady v Manning thread, and all idiotic discussions should go in there and ONLY there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: ***Official Bicker about Manning vs. Brady Thread***

I hate Manning, but I think calling the dude mediocre is a bit of a stretch.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]