Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-26-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Wii - question about Golf titles

Thanks in part to this thread, I got a Wii setup for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit.

In particular, and somewhat surprisingly, my 86 year old grandfather loved playing the Wii Sports golf game.

My new question: is there a full title out there that offers the natural swing motion and ease of play that Wii Sports golf has, but a richer set of courses?

From the reviews at Game Zone and 1Up, I get the impression that Tiger Woods '08 completely missed the boat of using a natural swing with the Wiimote, while Super Swing Golf got the motion right, but there is too much extraneous silliness for someone that just wants to play 9 or 18 holes. True?

Is there anything I can get to hook my grandfather up with more golfing action? Or are we playing just more Wii Sports golf at Christmas?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Wii - question about Golf titles

You can get the Wii Sports golf game to swing and feel natural? Did you get a different copy than I did?

From my time with TW, it seems to have about the same swing motion, but with less jerkiness and more accuracy, which can be adjusted. It seemed a little more involved than I was interested in, though, which seems to get worse when it comes to SSG, which I haven't played, only read reviews of.

Go out and rent both and see what you think. It's cheap and can save you lots of money in the long run!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM

To be honest, not yet. Wii Sports is very encouraging in that it proves that the swing mechanic can work perfectly. You model Tiger Woods 2009 or whatever around that swing, the gameplay doesn't need much work. It's not out yet though.

EDIT: To clarify, the TW2008 (or is it 2007) swing is not like the Wii Sports swing. Pretty different IMO. Wii Sports >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t; Tiger Woods.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 PM

i bought super swing befre tiger cam out and played it for 15 minutews total. it is awful
Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

cpitt,

Please elaborate. What about Super Swing did you dislike?