Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Oaks Card Club Emeryville Ca

[ QUOTE ]
swope, in my recent 5 session experience at GC 20-40, it is currently tougher than the Bay 101 20-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the end of an era :/
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also its only an hour to Bay 101 & GC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on weekdays, it isn't. Unless you have a helicopter.

[/ QUOTE ]

its really not that bad; i leave from ocean beach or SOMA in sf at 7pm on a weeknight and get there at 8pm - 8:15pm at the latest taking 280.

and the trip back when the roads are empty is pretty blissful. its a well kept piece of road and not too many police except around specific areas. 101, well, thats a whole different story. horrid traffic, terribly maintained surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

SF is not the north bay. I drive it every day. It's not an hour trip. Leaving from about as close to the bridge as you can get and still be in Marin county, I'd be shocked if it was under 90 minutes to GC on the best of days.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also its only an hour to Bay 101 & GC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on weekdays, it isn't. Unless you have a helicopter.

[/ QUOTE ]

its really not that bad; i leave from ocean beach or SOMA in sf at 7pm on a weeknight and get there at 8pm - 8:15pm at the latest taking 280.

and the trip back when the roads are empty is pretty blissful. its a well kept piece of road and not too many police except around specific areas. 101, well, thats a whole different story. horrid traffic, terribly maintained surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

SF is not the north bay.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 PM

If you're looking for a good 6-12 game the San Pablo is the most ideal I've ever seen. Players rarely raise. They passively call into the river. Pots are usually seen 3 handed or more. It's a fish tank.

The 6-12 game @ the Oaks is pretty nitty. You might find 1 or 2 live loose one, but most of the players are regulars. A lot of the 15-30 players play 6-12 as well. The other portion of the 15-30 players play the 30-60.

I've played in the 15-30 game for the last 2 years now. Go at night. The morning and afternoon games are all populated by regulars. Not exceptionally good, not horrid as well.