Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Turning 21 soon

Im turning 21 in less then 3 weeks, always been a online player with success in cash games and mtt, I beat Nl200 FR and 6max and Heads up, I think my all around game is solid, I also have dapped in some 5/10 6max limit on stars with solid results with little limit experience.

My question is I live within 1 hour of vegas and I plan on going there on my birthday where should I go, Im thinking of like a 1/2 or 1/3 Nl game thats beatable ( there beatable right) is rake a real bitch live?

Any daily good mtts? with a buy in of less then 100$?
Any advice about the cardrooms in this area is greatly appreciated because I do plan on playing atleast 4 days a week in vegas and the rest online.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Turning 21 soon

Try using the search function to look for past threads on this topic; it's frequently discussed and there's lots of useful information already out there. Also, the "Classic B&M Forum Threads" sticky includes a link to LasVegasMichael's tournament post, which provides listings of and guidance about Vegas MTTs.

1/2 and 1/3 NL are basically the same up and down the strip, and every room spreads the game except Bellagio (minimum 2/5 at the Bellagio). Rake notwithstanding, these games should be easily beatable for a winning player at NL200 online.

I'd suggest starting with the biggest, most popular cardrooms, which are generally MGM Grand, Bellagio, Caesar's, Mirage, Venetian, and Wynn.
Closed Thread