Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Checking 5th criminal? (Stud Hi)

Should I raise 3rd?
I think limping with overcards was ok.
I checked 5th because I didn't want to blow the pot with just a pair.
Should I just call the river or is raising ok?

Thank you.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.20 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.10 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.10 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (4.10 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises

Total pot: (10.10 BB)
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Checking 5th criminal? (Stud Hi)

5th seems like an auto bet. Raising on third isn't too bad of an idea depending on the texture of the game.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:03 PM

i dont really like the limp on 3rd a ten, king and 2 diamonds are dead. i would of bet 5th in hope to pick up the pot. but on 6th although diamonds are pretty dead he could of made a flush, straight or at least he has 4 straight, 4 flush or two pair and i would be inclined to give it up against unless i had a read. on 7th i think although you have improved you maybe beat so just call. but this hand is also quite opponent dependent if he is very loose aggressive and has shown he can bluff multiple streets i may call him down but usually i would not get involved to avoid tough decisions.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:48 PM

I think that your real problem is comming from not compleating to start off with. With a 6 and a 2 up you are way ahead. When the A came up on 4th you would have won the pot there against most people. Second a flat call on 7th st would have been a good option because if he is beat he might call a raise but if you are beat you will have to pay 3 bets to find out.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:06 PM

Third's a fold. I'll usually limp in late with a dog like this, but two of your pair cards are gone, as is one of your straight cards and two diamonds. Also, the fact that the bring-in is high makes me less enthusiastic about this hand.

Bet fifth. Apart from third street, fifth street is usually your best chance to get someone to fold. The other guy can't fold if you check.

I think the raise on the river is a little dubious. The other guy can have you beaten a lot of ways. You're laying 2:1 that you will be best when called. I do think it's a raise, but I also think it's pretty close.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:27 AM

Thank you so far.
The guy had a FH on 5th (68 in the hole).
He probably tried to CR me on 5th.