Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Day by Day profit

[ QUOTE ]
How long is this updating to new database structure gonna take? Should I be worried about my humongous database conversion and HE seemingly frozen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Took me like 5 seconds.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM

Would be very nice if .dat files from prima could be imported when the HUD is released
Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: .60b

[ QUOTE ]
Which path do i ahve to type in, so that crypto hands are imported?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone know the answer?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Why doesnt HM move the files already imported?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Anyone that has the HUD beta and uses Vista, PM me please. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM

I have to say the graphical changes in the new version make the product look even worse than the previous. People may disagree with what I have to say, and although it may again seem extremely critical, it is because of I am a fan of how you can gone about this project, including how you handled with some pretty unnecessary comments from PT3 designers. If I didn't care, I simply wouldn't bother posting and go and buy PT3 instead.

I am sure you have done lots of work for the back end, and things appear to run smoothly, regarding imports. However, the front end stuff in my opinion is going downhill at every iteration, rapidly. This isn't just simply that I don't like the look of it, my issues are also with regards to functionality and useability. For instance:-

1) The addition of all the hands listed under the reports, why? when you have a hands tab. The old PT, with hands under the summary ordered by the two cards is fine, as you can quickly see how you played say A's etc. But simply the massive list of all the hands by number isn't anymore helpful than reviewing your play in the sessions and hands tabs.

2) You have added the small graph under the session tab, again it shows all the sessions. I can do that in the graphs tab. Why doesn't it simply show the graph of the selected session or sessions.

3) The hand replayer still in all honesty looks fairly amateur

4) Few options on the graphing tab, no where near the functionality currently available in PokerGrapher.

5) The filtering, the way in which you select between x and y date for instance. Why can't you have the x and y selected in the same panel?

I have been onboard since, the first release and those initial impressions were of a clean, clear and smooth looking UI. However, again in my humble opinion, the UI is really starting to look a horrible mismash and generally very unprofessional. Yes UI isn't the be all and end all, but your rival initial glimpses are smart enough but that first appearance of HM still looked far ahead. As an IT professional myself, I have got a fairly decent idea about UI etc, and I would be more than happy to discuss things if you so wish.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM

There has to be a better way to show stats. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to show anything but the default stats for myself
Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 AM

After 0.60b the selected row in reports and hands tabs became unreadable for me:

but sessions tab is still fine:

Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After 0.60b the selected row in reports and hands tabs became unreadable for me:

but sessions tab is still fine:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is just a setting that Roy has to change
Old 12-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Just released 0.61b here:

www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanagerpatch.zip

Unzip the two files over top of the existing files in the program files\rvg software\holdem manager folder

The first feature is probably the best one for HUDless people. Also a few bug fixes and other things in there.

December 1st - 0.61b
* In Player Summary section you can now select "Only Show Players Playing Now" and you will have all the reports available but limited to players on currently active tables (only works with Auto Import turned on)
* Fixed an issue with the importer that would cause some people who installed postgres and windows with a non mm/dd/yyyy date format to experience import issues
* Web based help is now loaded in a Holdem Manager browser window. Before I tried launching the default browser with the URL but depending on which browser is your defaultand your OS it might not have worked.
* Added HUD Setup Help (only enabled in private beta). Also, if you are running the HUD, the first time you run "Start Auto Import and HUD" you will see the "HUD Setup Help"
* Some grids (like Reports and Hands) become hard to read when a row was selected due to background / foreground color combinations.
* Changed default date duration in Player Summary tab to the past month