Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 PM

Default WCOOP H/L Kings up

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level II (20/40), Ante 4 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (10.60 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.80 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.80 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (12.80 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (12.80 BB)

Just got moved to table. No reads. Do you fold 5th or 6th? Do you bet 7th? I didn't bet 7th b/c I worried about seat 6 having aces up.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: WCOOP H/L Kings up

With so many low cards out and early in the tournament I probably fold 5th with no reads. I would probably bet the river because I doubt seat 5 is checking aces up when its pretty clear you have kings up and he would most likely bet if he did. Against multiple opponents with low cards I get out early unless maybe the pair is buried which your's is not.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:51 PM

The deuce brought it in for a full bet? If so, I'm not sure I'm putting in a reraise here... yes, you want to get it heads up against a low but I doubt any decent 3-low is folding to your obvious high hand (and you have no folding equity at all against the bringin.)
Old 09-27-2007, 05:54 PM

oops... I didn't see that when I posted. Against a full bring in with these boards a reraise is a pretty bad idea with open kings.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The deuce brought it in for a full bet? If so, I'm not sure I'm putting in a reraise here... yes, you want to get it heads up against a low but I doubt any decent 3-low is folding to your obvious high hand (and you have no folding equity at all against the bringin.)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a fair number of marginal low hands I fold for two bets but call for one in this spot. Even bad players who are playing too many hands fold dumb hands like (QA)7 that they might call one bet with.

I'm surprised two people don't like my third street play. I thought it was standard. I'd like to hear from more folks about 3rd.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 PM

bet the river yo
Old 09-27-2007, 07:33 PM

i think there might be a case for folding 3rd as you have to call a full bet, there are still 2 low cards behind you to act, you don't have 2 flush/straight, your probably going to be acting first for the rest of the hand and its pretty obvious what your hand is to the other players. but i'm not sure what you stack size was as if you were short i think you have to play it. but i dont think playing it is completely wrong but i would of folded on 5th as you haven't improved and it looks like a low has been made.