Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Evolution (Redefined)

I'm not sure what you mean Subfallen. Can you state that more plainly.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM

Which "that" do you want in plainer language? My marriage proposal, or my thinly veiled misogyny?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:53 PM

Your thinly veiled misogyny.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Hah, now you're making me feel bad. No, seriously, women are smart and Jesus is magic. Jesus is magic because he turned water into wine and...I think he made the Statue of Liberty disappear in the '60's, yes?

"Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and observed behavior. No laboratory test for schizophrenia exists. Studies suggest that genetics, early environment, neurobiology and psychological and social processes are important contributory factors."

Doesn't say anything about gender. Maybe we do need men after all?

"The fundamental defect of the female character is a lack of a sense of justice. This originates first and foremost in their want of rationality and capacity for reflection...this fundamental defect, together with all that is associated with it, gives rise to falsity, unfaithfulness, treachery, ingratitude, etc. Women are guilty of perjury far more often than men. It is questionable whether they ought to be allowed to take an oath at all."
Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

I would add psychological trauma in the teen years and chemical imbalance to your diagnosis list.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

Stephen Hawking has a few quotes that fit good in this thread. Think about the perspectives of both "theists" and "atheists" in regards to these quotes.

"Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe?"

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

"Most sets of values would give rise to universes that, although they might be very beautiful, would contain no one able to wonder at that beauty."

"The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired."
Old 10-31-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would add psychological trauma in the teen years and chemical imbalance to your diagnosis list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately the studies only support influences of "early environment", "psychological and social processes", and "neurobiology." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Nothing justifies you adding "adolescent trauma" and "chemical imbalance" to the list. Well, unless redundancy is its own justification.

Have you started planning the wedding yet?