Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Why is Intellectualism Better Than Action?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound like you gave much thought to your answer Duke...

Mother Theresa was a Roman Catholic nun who founded the Missionaries of Charity and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work. For over forty years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying in Kolkata (Calcutta), India

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its pretty obvious she caused more suffering than she ever eased.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not believe it, nor see it, but Love wins over all and begats greater Love. Love takes issue with the Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy in that the Divine Spark is enkindled in Men as Working in Light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool? Not sure what this has to do with Mother Teresa being a bitch.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM

after reading that, I really dont think Hitchens got "pwned".
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after reading that, I really dont think Hitchens got "pwned".

[/ QUOTE ]
I would imagine whomever one favors in this "debate" appears to be pwning since they are not exactly talking about the same topic.

Thankfully, Shartpon self-pwns when he drags out this boring old bit of tripe:

[ QUOTE ]
The real thing that I’m interested in, Mr. Hitchens, is to really discuss the idea of God and the idea of a supreme being and how creatures and creation have just by some great coincidence, an unexplained scheme, followed some order that just happened by itself. Some thing, some force, some overruling force, had to set all of that pattern in and it continues thousands of years later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aside from showing a large misunderstanding of the arguments against his position, Sharpton makes the same mistake that most theists do and can't link this intelligent designer with all the bonus attributes they assign to him. If what Sharpton calls "God" were redefined a little I would almost agree with him.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the response Phil...an honest one...which I'll have to think about...(I love your avatar btw...hilarious)..I would like to point out that Mother Theresa did a bit more than handouts...I think she established over 600 churches, plus she did an incredible amount of work with the poor and homeless in Calcutta which is suppose to be the most poverty stricken city in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably don't want to get into a discussion about Mother Teresa around here. Really, anyplace that actually knows what Mother Teresa did and was all about, rather than just knowing of Mother Teresa the punchline or the euphemism for charitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, don't bring her into this plz. I am confident that if God exists, He will be much more upset with her then He will be with me.