Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Flopped trips

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone wanna wait with the raise until turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way we can protect our hand against a FD (which is the only hand we'd really like to get rid of here).

[/ QUOTE ]
O RLY? Pot is 6.5 SB on the turn. Flop bettor makes it 7.5 and we're making it 9.5-2 to call. At 4.75-1, that's not enough to call with an eight-out flush draw (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] boats us up).

We're too vulnerable with low trips to give free cards. Even if someone makes the flush on the turn we have as many as 10 outs with a boat redraw. Get the money in.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:59 PM

I'd raise, but just calling isn't nearly as bad as everyone seems to be making it out to be. The important question is whether you think BB will lead on the turn again, not whether you'll make such and such hand fold behind you.

Flush draws that aren't folding on the flop also aren't folding on the turn, so if you can make them call two cold on the turn, that's a doubly good thing. Overcards are drawing to runner-runner and don't realize it. If they catch their overcard pair outs, they might feel compelled to call two cold drawing to two outs.

But both of those scenarios depend on having BB bet again.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:16 PM

I'll try to expand on my thinking here a bit.
First of all we're almost certainly ahead here and want to extract as much money as possible. If we just call, overcards, PPs and anyone holding a 7 will think that their hand is worth calling one more with. That way we likely get at least 2 extra bets. But when we raise, even the most dense player would figure that his J9 is no good anymore. So effectively a raise makes sure that we extract one more bet from a FD who, calculating his implied odds, correctly makes a call.

On top of that it makes it possible, if we get the chance, to raise and protect on the turn.

So basically we risk less, gain more (or at least as much) and can protect our hand by calling.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Raise. you had mentioned that players with FD will chase. You will also want overcards to call so they hope to hit their broadways on the later streets and pay you off.

This raise would be for value... charge them early! and if BB 3-bets, I would choose to cap the flop. Raise again if the turn card is not a heart, and if BB bets out on the turn again.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM

I raise.Many villins wii call anyway, so just pump ur equity.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On top of that it makes it possible, if we get the chance, to raise and protect on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Protect from what? If we want to maximize our winning chances I think raising the flop is obviously best. Not that it is our primal goal neccerily (how do u spell this #¤"#¤ word?).
Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Ok, thanks guys. What actually happened:
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10. MP3 posts a blind of $0.15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

So I felt calling could've kept people with OCs in. But probably being result-oriented; it's rare to get so many folds.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This raise would be for value... charge them early! and if BB 3-bets, I would choose to cap the flop. Raise again if the turn card is not a heart, and if BB bets out on the turn again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't cap the flop. Call a 3-bet and raise the turn.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Protect from what?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I made it clear that imo our only concern is someone holding two hearts?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Protect from what?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I made it clear that imo our only concern is someone holding two hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone holding two hearts is not a concern its an opportunity.