Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

I want to get a feeling for what people really think because I am open to the idea of calling it off if people aren't going to believe the report that I write. I don't care about the money, it isn't nearly enough for me to want or need it.

I did say let's end discussion about it, but I'm simply not going to go down there and commit a ton of time and energy for free. I'd be happy to bring Adanthar along (and chop up the fee) or even let him go for the full amount. I don't care.

Let's hear your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

agree, this is insane, people should be jumping for joy over this
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM

I dont understand why everyone is upset about him being paid. That is what happens to auditors and the vast majority of them try their best to make sure the company is following proper guidelines and laws.

Nat I would definitely find out their policy on employees playing on their site. It should be a definite no no (like immediate termination if caught.)

Also I dont know when you are leaving but I have some audit books that I can mark pages of and send to you if you want a quick idea of what to look for, and how to gather information.

One big thing to keep in mind if you are testing some HH of old accounts dont let them pick the HH. Just randomly select some of the HH this will help give you a much better result in your conclusion (as well as looking at the odd ones).

Awesome news, buddy - make us proud -- I'll send you a list of Q's I think of over the next few days. I am very, very pleased about this development.

Would it be possible to get interviews on tape, just to get things on the record?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things I forgot to mention...

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, so you won't even be able to see how the accounts work? that is, you can't open up #363 and see if you really do just see all of the hole cards at once?

i thought that was one of the key issues here. seems fishy that you can't check that out.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was planning on giving away part of it. But I am putting off a number of business deals because of this whole thing and the trip would probably push everything of mine back at least three weeks. I won't do that for free. But anyone else who is suitable (such as Adanthar) can definitely take my place if AP and the replacement agrees. Then I can get back to working on my businesses that I run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for you taking more money from Absolute. Just seems to me like they are trying to buy the community through you. Kinda icky.

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things I forgot to mention...

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

How do you think you can perform any task if you cant see the information pertaining to these accounts?

[ QUOTE ]
When is your trip planned for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Quit yanking Nat around. Here's what I would like to see:

Organizational Chart: Before and After. They may not want to disclose the "innocent" or non-important managers/employees but we need to know the chain of command, especially all those of interest.

We need to know who was in charge and who is in charge. Everything from the guy who sent out the original Excel spreadsheet to KGC.

This should help with transparency/accountability issues down the line.

Look at their permissions policy for creating accounts - players, employees, technical, etc. What were the policies for 363?

Look at the logs for any user #'s less than 1,000 (or some other arbitrary #) and how many of them are currently active. Since 363 is so famous, maybe there are others that were created around the same time that may have the same priviledges. This is a low priority since this is a fishing expedition.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Do you people honestly think Nat should put his life on hold and fly to Costa Rica to investigate this for free? IMO he deserves every penny they pay him and probably a whole lot more. I also think he has as much credibility as anyone in the online poker community.