Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Cardroom Management Query

[ QUOTE ]
Their refusal to spread the mixed game when there is a table full of players ready to go seems ridiculous,

[/ QUOTE ]

Three players doesn't really constitute a table full of players ready to go. don't think we have enough information to judge this decision.

For example -- will these three players play and pay full rake? Based on previous experience at this room is there any chance that this game opened at this time can pick up enough players to become strong? Are any of these three players next up on the list for their game of preference (if that 3rd player is going to get up in 5 minutes to get in the stud game is the mixed game going to continue heads up?). What was the status of the staffing -- do you have dealers on overtime? are you short dealers? Are you going to be losing dealers soon? have your dealers been going non stop all-day and you would really like to get another break table into the line-up? What other games are going? Is a prop available for this game or do you need your props to keep up other games?

I think there are plenty of reasons that the floor may legitimately decide not to spread this game at this time, and we simply don't know enough about the situation to judge this decision.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Yes, but the biggest problem is not letting the customer know those reasons besides just flat out refusing.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but the biggest problem is not letting the customer know those reasons besides just flat out refusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't really blame a floor for not giving reasons to the players, and this is because this typically invites players to argue and or debate.

However i do agree that the reason given was not a good one.

I think a simple "Under the circumstances, I don't think its a good idea" would be a better answer.