Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Rakeback, etc.

What else is good to consider besides rakeback when choosing an internet poker site?

Also, I've already downloaded Full-tilt software and have only played fake money games. Is it still possible to get rakeback when I start to play with real money? I thought I read somewhere that you have to get it as a promotion when initially downloading the software..

Thanks to all.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Rakeback, etc.

the sponsored rakeback forums will answer alot of your questions. I have read that it *may* be possible to still get rakeback if you've only played play money games. Rakeback forum Mod could probably verify for sure.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the reply-

I actually finally found the rakeback links below and have been reading them.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 PM

The first thing you need to consider is what games you intend to play, and how many hands you're likely to put in on a fixed basis. If you're just going to be playing .05/.10 NL & will probably only play 1-2k hands per month, then rakeback is not going to make a whole lot of difference to your bottom line. In that case, finding a site that offers softer (easier) games and software that feels better to you is far more important.

On the other hand, if you're going to be playing mid-high stakes & plan to put in 25k hands/month, you can add significantly to your monthly earnings by having a good rakeback deal. In that case finding a site where you can get rb becomes more important (though not necessarily most important).

When all else fails, just shop around. The various sites don't get too jealous if you play on their competitors as well.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:20 AM

I plan on starting out with .50/1 or 1/2 limit while I'm learning. I'd think it would be pretty easy to find soft games at that level, but I may be wrong as I'm pretty new to this. Any opinions on the relative "softness" of games in relation to the stakes... Obviously there probably aren't any soft high stakes public games. ?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Yes, you can get rakeback as long as you haven't played for real money.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:54 PM

MAC-N-TODD, do you have to delete cookies and reinstall the software if you have an account already, but haven't played for real money? and the new account can still be in your name, right?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MAC-N-TODD, do you have to delete cookies and reinstall the software if you have an account already, but haven't played for real money? and the new account can still be in your name, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

delete cookies, reinstall, you can use the same name but i had to change the email address.