FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

Hundreds, thousands of players not playing at FT anymore?

Have you not seent he poll asking if they would stop playing at FT? Not surprisingly, most will keep on playing.
You know why? because when you multitable 8/12 tables it's much easier to do it at 1 site than spreading your BR between several small sites and FT and Stars are the only sites where you can find enough tables to play.

All the shouting is very fine, but at the end, nobody (or mostly nobody) is going to do something that makes their life more difficult.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, they're still hitting the bet pot button. But even people that do this and ten table, recognize their opponents almost allin and would often just click the allin button.

I know it's not conclusive proof, I'm just tossing more stuff out that I remember and you can take it fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 10 table full ring all the time...and I can say that trebek is right on this one. Sometimes it's funny when I miss it, and bet like 98% of someone's stack on the river or something....but I'd say at least 95% of the time I don't miss it....and I would guess that ANYONE 10 tabling would at least catch it once in a while....even if it was as low as say 30% of the time.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:24 AM

what about the recreational player who only plays one or two tables at a time? Given the choice between two poker sites, will they choose one that they have heard has "bots" or one without? (assuming that this gets spread well enough, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say that a lot of recreational players will know about this after a while). I think the answer is obvious.

At the end of the day, that means less fish at Full Tilt, which could also indirectly cause the regulars to leave the site whether it is because of the bot issue or not.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 AM

William,
The PR-effect of this is huge, but it takes more time to work. First of all it takes time for it to set in, but maybe in some months time the average recreational player will see it as a fact that there are bots on Full Tilt (regardless of if it is or not). Secondly, when you hear something bad about a company you use and something good about a competitor you don't run to change suppliers, but slowly you start a process in your head towards changing. The mid- and longterm effects are considerable.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about the recreational player who only plays one or two tables at a time? Given the choice between two poker sites, will they choose one that they have heard has "bots" or one without? ( assuming that this gets spread well enough, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say that a lot of recreational players will know about this after a while ). I think the answer is obvious.

At the end of the day, that means less fish at Full Tilt, which could also indirectly cause the regulars to leave the site whether it is because of the bot issue or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

99,999999999999999% of the recreationnal fish will never hear about this or any other problem that may occur at a poker site. I have friends that play every night for an hour or two, are highly educated (meaning intelligent) and don't even know what "rake" is or how the site makes its money.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:41 AM

ok, hell, well if it no one is going to change sites as a result of this what is taking FTP so long to respond? If the vast majority of poker players are ignorant fools why should they be worried with how they handle this issue?

They could just as well say, "Yes we realized they are botting after looking at it a second time, but they make us a decent amount of rake so we decided to continue to let them play." And if I'm following your logic, William, this would have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER ON THEIR BUSINESS. All I have to say about that reasoning is... l o l

It is foolish to think that this issue will not or COULD not have any effect on their site's reputation and business.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, hell, well if it no one is going to change sites as a result of this what is taking FTP so long to respond? If the vast majority of poker players are ignorant fools why should they be worried with how they handle this issue?

They could just as well say, "Yes we realized they are botting after looking at it a second time, but they make us a decent amount of rake so we decided to continue to let them play." And if I'm following your logic, William, this would have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER ON THEIR BUSINESS. All I have to say about that reasoning is... l o l

It is foolish to think that this issue will not or COULD not have any effect on their site's reputation and business.

ps: didn't Full Tilt say they would have a response before the day was over? I didn't see anything yet...

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Try leaving this thread, go back into the forum index for this forum (internet gambling), and look for a thread called "Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread" started by...Guess Who?...FTP Sean!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ps: didn't Full Tilt say they would have a response before the day was over? I didn't see anything yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, have a look at the title of the threads in this forum before you keep making a fool of yourself.

FT did respond, like 5 hours ago.... and activity on their site today at prime time was higher than ever....

Sometimes one wonders..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone who actually understands statistics could actually explain the important of their stats converging and explain why players using a similiar system or working together would be unable to reach this level of convergence over the sample we have we can just end this thread, and make a new one about hating bots right? What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice to see. Unfortunately, all the people using stats so far (myself included) don't seem to have enough experience to be considered trustworthy experts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully someone in probability picks this up.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10328086
Old 05-11-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

I've been accussed of being a bot before. Early days on party poker when i would 12 table on 3 different skins with 3 different names. I had the same stats on all of my accounts and i would never chat, and people would always chat about me being a bot. I think this is all absurd.