Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Multiple DB setup

[ QUOTE ]
A couple things:
1) The name field in the buddy list isn't big enough to hold the longest names on Party.
2) For the buddy list, I was thinking a "date last seen" field would be nice. If I haven't seen a buddy of mine in several months, I'd probably just assume they're busto and remove them from the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's a good idea I'll add it to the list.

Also, I hope I'll have the database aggregator tool ready to release sometime tomorrow.

-Ben
Old 08-08-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Problem with scoring ?!

[ QUOTE ]
im getting invalid floating point operation as well as soon as i open the program. it then says parsing data at the bottom of the program

[/ QUOTE ]

i had that same problem, and i had to do a complete uninstall INCLUDING DELETING THE SIXTH SENSE FOLDER IN THE PROGRAM FILES FOLDER and then reinstalling, and then it started working again.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Problem with scoring ?!

Not sure if its already been asked, but do you plan on supporting Poker Office in the future?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Sixth Sense Upgrade doesn\'t keep buddies, formatting, etc

I just upgraded to v ...30 and all my buddies and rules and formatting are gone [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But the xml files with them are still in the sixth sense folder...

Bug? Or what's the easiest way to remedy?

edit: never mind... make sure you post that you need to shut down Sixth Sense before the upgrade!!! DOOH!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

What the hell is PT Aggregator?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 AM

You guys really need to stop releasing new versions without putting any release notes on your website. I have an idea what PT aggregator is, but why am I downloading it without any real info on what it is or instructions on how to use it?

Also, Sixth Sense is running insanely slow since this upgrade.

Basically I would appreciate knowing what just changed when I upgrade. Put a release notes section on the website.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really need to stop releasing new versions without putting any release notes on your website. I have an idea what PT aggregator is, but why am I downloading it without any real info on what it is or instructions on how to use it?

Basically I would appreciate knowing what just changed when I upgrade. Put a release notes section on the website.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, there should never be an upgrade without notes letting me know what's being upgraded, ESPECIALLY if it's going to be putting new icons on my desktop, like this PT Aggregator, which, when I open, asks for a password, and when I try to cancel, it won't let me out of the program, I had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to shut it down.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, there should never be an upgrade without notes letting me know what's being upgraded, ESPECIALLY if it's going to be putting new icons on my desktop, like this PT Aggregator, which, when I open, asks for a password, and when I try to cancel, it won't let me out of the program, I had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to shut it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey all, sorry about the update w/o notes. It was late, there were some serious bugs, we tested and upgraded about 5 different builds before we got the results we wanted.

Ben has all of the release notes, but I'll give you all a rundown of what was changed.

The PT Aggregator has been discussed in this thread a few times. It is what Ben has been working on for the past week or so. Basically, it takes the hand history information from ALL of your databases, compresses it into one large stat file, and updates that file when more hand histories are loaded into your database.

**THIS SHOULD BE A MAJOR FIX FOR PEOPLE WITH MULTIPLE DATABASES, AND PEOPLE WITH SPEED ISSUES**

So instead of going through your entire database when bringing up stats, all Sixth Sense will have to do is check this stat file.

Ben reported speeds of between 5 and 10x faster than the original database querying method.

1) Currently only works with SQL
2) Should be flexible enough to be added to other stat programs (HUDs especially) to increase their speed as well.
3) If you dont have version 1.0.0.35 yet, check for new updates.

If you are having any issues with the new PT Aggregator, check your SixthSense folder (in program files) and delete PTAgg.ini. This will make Sixth Sense work as it always has. And if for some reason your Aggregator program is having issues, but you want to continue using it, delete the PTAgg.ini and restart the PTAgg client. Make sure PTAgg is closed in your taskbar.

Once Ben is up, he'll be able to give you all build notes and any other information I've forgotten.

Thanks,
-Dan
Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is PT Aggregator?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT Aggregator is a new tool that will take the data from multiple PT databases, summarize it and put it into one smaller, faster database. This datababase is then used to quickly score your tables.

PT Aggregator requires that Postgres is installed on your machine.

Note - you can choose not to use PT Aggregator, and SS will continue to score your tables as it did before, directly from the databases you configured for it.

The first time you run PT Aggregator, it will ask for your postgres password. This is needed so it can query for your current databases, and create the new "ptagg" database.

After entering your password, Config will show you a list of your Postgres PT databases. It is safe to leave them all checked. You must then manually add any MS Access databases you want to add. Then hit "Save & Close".

After the configuration is complete, PT Aggregator will run its first Import process. The first one will take a long time (approx 1-2 hours if you have 150k hands). However, running import again later will be MUCH faster because it only imports the new hands from those databases.

After the first import is done, you can test SixthSense to see that it should be scoring your tables much faster. SixthSense will now pull its scoring data from this summary database. This should be anywhere from 3 to 10 times faster than before.

You can leave PT Aggregator running, and it will automatically pull in the new data as needed. It doesn't take up much memory or CPU. Just hit the "X" button and it will minimize to the tray. You have to do File/Exit to actually shut it down.

The PT Aggregator database can be accessed by any poker application. If it becomes popular enough, programs like PA HUD might support it, to make showing your HUD stats faster.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 08:31 AM

Haha, beat you by 5 seconds!!

I'm the cock of the walk.

-Dan