Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion?

[ QUOTE ]
It's the same game as Morrowind except shinier

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't at all what I've read. There is so much about this game that seems different from Morrowind. Even the NPC behavior alone is enough of a change from Morrowind that calling Oblivion the 'same game' seems very odd. But I haven't played Oblivion, so I can't really know for sure.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the same game as Morrowind except shinier

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't at all what I've read. There is so much about this game that seems different from Morrowind. Even the NPC behavior alone is enough of a change from Morrowind that calling Oblivion the 'same game' seems very odd. But I haven't played Oblivion, so I can't really know for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's called hype.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's called hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details? What about the NPC behavior doesn't live up the the hype, and how are they the same as Morrowind NPCs? Because everything I've seen about them would be hard to hype up without some real substance behind it. I could not care less about it looking even slightly better than Morrowind. What is most exciting to me about this game is the dynamic NPC behavior, which is a huge change from the previous Elder Scrolls games.

Frankly, a 95% from PCG is very impressive to me. They don't generally give out scores like that to mediocre sequels or games that merely have good graphics, and I bet they provide a lot more details. Can't wait to get the new issue tomorrow or the next day.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:14 PM

it's pretty sweet.
see yall in a few months!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's called hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details? What about the NPC behavior doesn't live up the the hype, and how are they the same as Morrowind NPCs? Because everything I've seen about them would be hard to hype up without some real substance behind it. I could not care less about it looking even slightly better than Morrowind. What is most exciting to me about this game is the dynamic NPC behavior, which is a huge change from the previous Elder Scrolls games.

Frankly, a 95% from PCG is very impressive to me. They don't generally give out scores like that to mediocre sequels or games that merely have good graphics, and I bet they provide a lot more details. Can't wait to get the new issue tomorrow or the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I could explain my point of view in detail, but since it sounds like you're getting the game anyway, I think it'd probably make more sense for you to just play the game and decide for yourself.

Btw I bought the game and am happy with my purchase.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM

My first impression is that it is taking a freaking long time to install. I hope that this doesn't mean that my computer doesn't have what it takes to play the game.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first impression is that it is taking a freaking long time to install. I hope that this doesn't mean that my computer doesn't have what it takes to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means that its a HUGE game.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:20 AM

I got it on 360 and am LOVING it...just now taking a break from about a 10 hour session. It definitely feels like Morrowind 2, but that's not a bad thing. imo, NPC behavior isn't that much different - they walk around and stuff, but the map generally tells you where to find them.

Quests are handled much better. You can take on many at the same time, as opposed to only being able to do one at a time - for example, when my pretty new and crappy character suddenly found himself fighting three Fire Atronarchs in Kvatch with no healing potions in sight, I booked it the hell out of there and have been doing Mage/Fighters Guild quests ever since...meanwhile poor Silinius Visicavijuivius gets to deal with them on his own. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I can't find the Thieves' Guild yet, but I'm also a huge idiot.

If you could be more specific about what you didn't like about Morrowind I could be more specific about how it's addressed in Oblivion, but I thought Morrowind was just about perfect, and have the same impression of Oblivion thus far.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you could be more specific about what you didn't like about Morrowind I could be more specific about how it's addressed in Oblivion, but I thought Morrowind was just about perfect, and have the same impression of Oblivion thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Run here. Give him this.

Run there. Give her that.

Run here. Talk about this.

Run there. Talk about this.

Not enough mass killing or mystery solving.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got it on 360 and am LOVING it...just now taking a break from about a 10 hour session. It definitely feels like Morrowind 2, but that's not a bad thing. imo, NPC behavior isn't that much different - they walk around and stuff, but the map generally tells you where to find them.

Quests are handled much better. You can take on many at the same time, as opposed to only being able to do one at a time - for example, when my pretty new and crappy character suddenly found himself fighting three Fire Atronarchs in Kvatch with no healing potions in sight, I booked it the hell out of there and have been doing Mage/Fighters Guild quests ever since...meanwhile poor Silinius Visicavijuivius gets to deal with them on his own. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I can't find the Thieves' Guild yet, but I'm also a huge idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just finished the first thieves' guild quest. I love the game, but I am certain that at some point I will lose interest and not be able to finish it. These games just consume too much time.