Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Default My least important album: what\'s yours?

As I've noted before, for months I've been digitizing my albums, a laborious but fun project. At first, I meant only to digitize the most important, beloved albums. But as I continued, I gradually digitized more and more. And I'm now at the point of digitizing the entire collection, just for the sake of it. 95% of it is jazz, but there are some oddities.

So, the result has been to leave the least important albums to the end. And now, I finally see the album that I care about less than all the other albums. As you take a look, ask yourself what might be the least important album (i.e., the one you care about the least) in your collection.

Here it is (and I'll mention others in the last group if you're interested):

Old 06-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: My least important album: what\'s yours?

here's mine:

I never could stand The Doors music. Pretentious, mind-numbingly boring, and lyrics only a 7th grader could find meaningful. I got it as a present. If Morrison was still alive he'd be 240 pounds and opening for Wayne Newton in Vegas.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. You summed up The Doors perfectly for me. My younger brother was really into them in the late '70s and I just didn't get it. Other than a song or two, which I can't name off the top of my head, I rank them as one of the most overrated groups of all time.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM

I'm too young to have a significant album collection but the following are my least important CDs.

I found this disc in a parking lot sometime. I took it home and listened through it and was amazingly unimpressed with Shaq's rapping skills. I haven't listened to it since that first time, but due to my somewhat obsessive passion for collecting stuff I haven't made myself get rid of it.

This one came with getting married (what a deal) as my wife had at some point decided to buy this very bad cd. Once again, I'm too anal to throw it away.

This album qualifies as one of my least important simply due to the fact that it's still in the shrink wrap some 14 years after it arrived in the mail. It was a BMG cd of the month that somehow didn't get cancelled or returned; instead I just hung on to it for a decade and a half and multiple cross country moves and have still not listened to it.

Swede
Old 06-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Swede,

I am philosophically opposed to throwing away any music, no matter how terrible it might seem. Musical tastes change. And you never know what your kids might end up enjoying.

Throwing away music to me = burning books.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM

The O'Kanes (gf brought it home from where she teaches, never been opened).

or Dustin Sanchez...former student of my mom's at CC. The album actually isn't bad.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here's mine:

I never could stand The Doors music. Pretentious, mind-numbingly boring, and lyrics only a 7th grader could find meaningful. I got it as a present. If Morrison was still alive he'd be 240 pounds and opening for Wayne Newton in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Morrison would have allowed himself to live?