Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker - 2/26

If Lindgren really thought Farha had a flush draw and over(s), he would have called the flop and then bet big on a non-diamond turn. He wasn't going to be racing unless all the money went in on the flop.

It looked to me like Lindgren was just too conservative after hitting with his AJ.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:48 PM

The point is not whether Dog should be willing to race for stacks. The poins is whether Dog should think he's racing vs being a pretty decent favorite.

I don't remember the pf action or the flop cards besides the J, but Dog is probably racing like what, 25% of the time? A big dog 30% of the time, and a big favorite like 45% of the time? I think i'm being overly cautious here.

Like I said I don't remember the exact action but E would have to have a pretty good reason for thinking he's flipping. Sammy's range is bigger than anyone's at the table to begin with, plus you add in that he's stuck, and he could have like half the deck here.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Lindgren really thought Farha had a flush draw and over(s), he would have called the flop and then bet big on a non-diamond turn. He wasn't going to be racing unless all the money went in on the flop.

It looked to me like Lindgren was just too conservative after hitting with his AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Erick's body language even suggested (at least to me) that he knew he was ahead but laid it down anyway.

I don't see anyone else at that table folding in that spot with the exception of Wasicka and possibly Harman...and I think it's better than even money that she would call.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM

One of the people who posted that they're pretty sure Laak is on something, they're somewhat right. In the Bluff magazine issue, I believe two months ago with Patrick Antonius on the cover, they have an article written by Laak where him and Esfandiari went to Amsterdam. He said they were baked pretty much most of the time. I'm sure Phil hits the bong before he plays.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 PM

I think Wasicka is the only one who would fold that vs Sammy. I am not a big fan of the "Do you want me to call?" nonsense that he keeps bringing out. Sammy gave him a few bits and Erick still made the wrong decision. I do agree that the "quiet Sammy" comment was a good cover for giving up the hand.

We keep talking about Wasicka being over his head. Could E-dog be over his head? I don't recall seeing him involved in any big pots unless he had the nuts in the two seasons I've seen him play.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Wasicka is the only one who would fold that vs Sammy. I am not a big fan of the "Do you want me to call?" nonsense that he keeps bringing out. Sammy gave him a few bits and Erick still made the wrong decision. I do agree that the "quiet Sammy" comment was a good cover for giving up the hand.

We keep talking about Wasicka being over his head. Could E-dog be over his head? I don't recall seeing him involved in any big pots unless he had the nuts in the two seasons I've seen him play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then i guess you dont remember him putting in $100k on a straiht flush draw (or straight and flush draw I think) the first hand he played in season two.

In my opinion E dogg was just a little out of sorts during this session, it happens to everyone. He has more gamble in him than about 70% of that table. He makes legendary prop bets, etc...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 50k over Erick's bet, and I couldn't decide whether to make a small raise or just call. Either play might make me more money when I have the best hand and Erick keeps firing, although calling may give him a freeshot when he has an underpair. Most likely, my money was going in when I was beat, and he wasn't going to put any more in when I had the best hand.

Then I came up with two reasons to move all-in. I was looking to make a play that would go well with "lol donkaments" and I wanted to go all-in one time on TV with a good hand instead of a bluff, so that tournament opponents will note that I may have something when I do this.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop giving me more reasons to love you, it's getting down-right ridiculous.

keep fightin' the good fight, BG.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM

Def need to dump commentary. I was especially pissed when they were talking about all the high limit games on full tilt.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I explained "lol donkaments" to my wife and after understanding the back story, she thought the Barry Greenstein thing was funny.

She was just down the hall changing our baby's diaper and I heard her say in baby talk, "Donkaments!"

I love her.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that quote, I think we all do.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:19 AM

where did the term donkaments originate