Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Topset72 Topset72 is offline

Default UB lying/dishonesty for the youngsters

FatalError wrote in the absolute cheating thread:
Reged: 03/27/05

"i think it is about time people start contacting the mathematically/computer savy minds in poker and ask them for a few minutes of time to raise awareness about this issue, people that come to mind

Chris Ferguson
Richard Brodie
Barry G
Bill Chen
Most of the Tiltboys"

The tiltboys include Phil Gordon. This reminded me of when UB was accused of setting up a fake freeroll for their first Aruba Tournament(2002) -- which Phil Gordon won. UB doesn't have the cleanest reputaion. For those who don't know, Russ Hamilton was one of the major owners of UB.

Here is the most important quote which is from Daniel N. Then I wil paste the whole text and a post from your commander David Sklansky. Mason M also posted in this thread which is from rgp.

Daniel N:
"I'm still not going to comment on the whole Aruba/UB deal. I wasn't
invlolved in it, and I just don't want to open up that can of worms for a
number of reasons. Yes, I was offered a free room and flight to Aruba, along
with a seat in the televised Pro tournament... I declined the offer, for
reasons I'm just not going to discuss.
In closing let me just say this: if anyone would like to offer me a freeroll
into a 250 thousand dollar one table tournament in Timbuktu tomorrow, I can
make it to the airport in an hour...
Daniel Negreanu"

David Sklansky wrote:
"Dsklansky
Dec 6 2002, 8:22 am
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Subject: Re: Daniel Responds...

>I believe this would be called a first hand post signed by .a person. Daniel knew that UB had no intention of paying $250k to the winner of this one table
>tourney. He decided not to be involved in this deception.

>Kudos to him.
>Randy Collack

I have no idea what this thread is about. However I will say that I personally
know of two head up poker matches that received a lot of publicity, where the
amount played for was far, far less than what was advertised. One of these
matches occurred about eight years ago. The other was well before that. The
same guy was involved in both matches. One of his opponents has a pretty honest
reputation and would surprise many of you. The other opponent is considered to
be so squeaky clean that even Russ G wouldn't believe it if I told him who it
was. Both these fellows probably wondered whether I knew of their shenanigans.
The little information I gave here is probably enough for them to realize it is
them I am speaking of . But in spite of the fact that in at least one case I
have good reason to "expose" him, the fact is I won't. At least not until my
death whereupon a note in my safe deposit box will be read. "

Poster Groan responds withe answers:

Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: GROAN <mystomachhu...@ouch.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:51:17 GMT

On 06 Dec 2002 12:10:37 GMT, dsklan...@aol.com (Dsklansky) wrote:
>I have no idea what this thread is about. However I will say that I personally
>know of two head up poker matches that received a lot of publicity, where the
>amount played for was far, far less than what was advertised. One of these
>matches occurred about eight years ago. The other was well before that. The
>same guy was involved in both matches. One of his opponents has a pretty honest
>reputation and would surprise many of you. The other opponent is considered to
>be so squeaky clean that even Russ G wouldn't believe it if I told him who it
>was. Both these fellows probably wondered whether I knew of their shenanigans.
>The little information I gave here is probably enough for them to realize it is
>them I am speaking of . But in spite of the fact that in at least one case I
>have good reason to "expose" him, the fact is I won't. At least not until my
>death whereupon a note in my safe deposit box will be read.

I love it how these famous Cardplayer writers like to HINT at things
so obviously so others do the dirty work of naming names while they
can deny ever coming out with information. Thought you were better
than Yellow Danny Boy is Sklansky, but I guess not. I also like to
guess because of how much it seems to piss of Wayno and Badger to do
so, and what is more fun than that?
Bob Stupak and Russ Hamilton (!) played a heads up match for a Travel
chanel TV show on Vegas that looked decidedly fake in the enthusiasm.
Even when I watched it years ago for the first time I thought it was
fake. That would be the first match.
ORAC, Mike Caro's computer program, would fit the squeaky clean image
part, and it played a much publicized heads up match. Was Bob Stupak
the opponent? If so, well that fills out the rest of the puzzle.
Course the three of them didn't come to me and sign an affidavit in
front of me and the Supreme Court Justices, so of course by Waynoian
Logic, we must not have the right to speculate about such things. So
I take it all back. "

The complete RGP thread- Daniel Responds...:

http://tinyurl.com/yveosf
Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
corpseartist corpseartist is offline

Location: drawing dead
Default Re: UB lying/dishonesty for the youngsters

why are you bringing 2002 into 2007?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 PM
bigshowmack bigshowmack is offline

I can`t believe I clicked on this stupid thread actually expecting something interesting and worth reading.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 PM
NNNNOOOOONAN NNNNOOOOONAN is offline

Location: Hoss_TBF Fan Club

because [censored] phil gordon
Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 PM
mocky mocky is offline

Location: Take off,eh

Its like im in a time machine.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
sapol sapol is offline

I found it interesting, thanks OP
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Topset72 Topset72 is offline

Because AP and UB are combined and I wanted to point out the boys from UB might not be any better than the guys from AP. This was UB's first live tournament and it was sham. Now UB is squeaky clean?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:35 PM
demon102 demon102 is offline

Location: magically delicious

UB sucks balls anyway so who cares
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
ibluffoldladies ibluffoldladies is offline

Location: 3-betting your grandmother

I appreciate the info Top. People are starting to fill in the puzzle and topset is just offering a few more pieces of logic.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
shaniac shaniac is offline

I remember that A&E thing with Stupak, it was before I played poker and before tv poker was popular. They were supposedly playing a million dollar cash freezout and, as I remember it, there wasn't much action except occasionally when one of the players would go allin for a million, the cameras would zoom in excitedly, and then the other guy would fold. No idea who won, but it was one of my first impressions of NLHE.