Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Why aren't I the voluptuous black lady?
Because I'm a douche 31 26.27%
Because I'm stupid 24 20.34%
Because I don't like +EV 63 53.39%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] BRTHREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
Josem is [censored] awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT, Josem is def one of my favorite posters
Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raps crushing the mavs gogogo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, 3 raps fans with Bosh jerseys like 3 rows in front of us were rubbing it in so hard when the raps were up 24 in the 2nd quarter. End of the 4th when the game was over basically (mavs owning obv), everyone in our section gave them so much [censored] and i kinda felt sorry for them..

LOL NOTTTTTTTTTT
Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw I'm throwing out another offer for doing school work for me. I have a bunch of readings I need to do if you read them and take good notes on them for me I will give you coaching or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles, I am your professor, and in the morning I will be reporting you to the Dean, and you will be expelled from the University.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
Not being a dick but basically all sng players playing below the 215s have very big leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are in the process of building a bankroll and moving up - or maybe building a bankroll and blowing it on hookers. Not that your "basically" doesn't cover it, but I'm sure some of the audience here plays lower levels and don't have very big leaks.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Btw I'm throwing out another offer for doing school work for me. I have a bunch of readings I need to do if you read them and take good notes on them for me I will give you coaching or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles, I am your professor, and in the morning I will be reporting you to the Dean, and you will be expelled from the University.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
fwiw I don't think I am doing anything that could get me kicked out. I'm asking someone to summarize a reading for me not write a paper or anything. If I use sparknotes should I be expelled?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not being a dick but basically all sng players playing below the 215s have very big leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are in the process of building a bankroll and moving up - or maybe building a bankroll and blowing it on hookers. Not that your "basically" doesn't cover it, but I'm sure some of the audience here plays lower levels and don't have very big leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Microbet,
I posted this in my STTF theory thread but nobody seems to have a read it so I'll post it here instead.

Okay so I'm bumping this because of that vers blackize drama in the STTF censored thread.

Basically they got into a discussion about leaks. and I posted

In response to this ditch digger wrote
Making huge generalizations like this makes you look really dumb.

Now I disagree because I think that basically every poker player in the world has big leaks. Even amazing players like Jman and durrr and aba probably have pretty big leaks in their tournament game. To the same degree people like Bigjoe probably have pretty big leaks in their cashgames. Even talking about specific games like sngs or cashgames. Those guys are all incredible but they still have leaks i.e. they do not play perfectly.

The size of these leaks vary greatly but the smaller the leaks are the harder they are to plug. An example is if someone learned how to skate originally it would take them like a minute to skate 10 meters. As they got better it would increase significantly until they could do it in a second. But to move from 1 second to 0.95 seconds would take a ton of work and it would be very difficult.

The point I'm making is that everyone has leaks so their is no point in acting like you do not have them. Instead everyone should constantly work on improving their game and plugging their leaks. Instead of worrying stuff like variance, bad players running hot and making lots of money, etc.. just worry about your game, your decisions and put yourself in the best position to make as much money as possible.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 AM

how much tougher are the tilt 36's than the 24's? i haven't found the skill level at the 24's to be that impressive (besides all of u guise [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) tbh.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 AM

Don't know how accurate this is, but I seem to remember reading or hearing that a lot of grinders settle into the 36s and that the 60s are actually softer.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how accurate this is, but I seem to remember reading or hearing that a lot of grinders settle into the 36s and that the 60s are actually softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

people say that about a whole series of levels and a whole series of formats (eg, i've read people claim that 5/10 NL is softer than 3/6 NL, 'cause there are more people who turn up with $1k and want to put it all on the table).

I don't think there is any credible evidence that it's actually true.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:37 AM

Eagles,

I just like to stick up for the little guy. By the time I left the $11s I don't think I was significantly worse than when I started the $215s. I just didn't like reading people who were levels above me telling me how bad people at my level were. Of course I was never perfect, but I think I was better than a lot of the people who were playing higher at the time.

Josem,

One example I was very sure of was the 10/25 game on absolute, when it was the biggest NL game going, was easier than lower buyins. I played it a bit and it was amazing how often people would pop in and out of the game with what was obviously their whole BR and play like they were on a bender. (I wasn't rolled for the game either, but at least had a 100bbs on the table and played my best.)

Also, and totally unrelated to any of the above, all in preflop QQ vs QQ and losing to a flush is &*(&(*)%^T%&*&*(R$$%)&*()*&amp ;()_*E$R#!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread