Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Kevin,

I had no idea who you were until 3 days ago, but now that I do it's way sadder than you're hurt than all the other people who got hurt over the past three days because you're (now) famous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, this is being a giant douchebag. Yes, he's not famous until he broke his neck. But, do you enjoy the NFL? Do you watch any NFL games? Of course you do, and these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can entertain you, much more so than the big name superstars of the world who don't play special teams and get paid tons more. Without guys like him, there would be no NFL.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can make tons more money than they otherwise ever could dream of

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Without guys like him, the Bills would hire one of hundreds of other people willing to take his place

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, it's sad. It's not "let's organize the interwebs to deal with this national tragedy" sad.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can make tons more money than they otherwise ever could dream of

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Without guys like him, the Bills would hire one of hundreds of other people willing to take his place

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, it's sad. It's not "let's organize the interwebs to deal with this national tragedy" sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're a huge douchebag.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're a huge douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new here. Everyone already knows this; it's part of his charm. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Meh, I understand where Clark and Dids are coming from and I understand it to a point. But when I heard the news on ESPN last night, I got a little sick to my stomach. I don't think this makes either Clark or Dids bad people to feel this way, but I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I just find the outpouring of concern etc to be a little odd considering what happens on a daily basis all over the place, to people who don't have a saftey net, and didn't make a choice to put themselves in harms way. Not saying I wouldn't be an NFL player myself if I wasn't a scrawny talentless dork. Not saying it's not tragic and sad. I have friends/acquaintences who play(ed) in the NFL. I just think the attention it gets is way out of whack. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who finds it absolutely mind boggling that people cared so much about Princess Diana or Random Kennedy Dude dying.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM

Look, we all ignore tragedy, otherwise we couldn't go on living. When was the last time you thought about Africa? But I think it makes you a giant douchebag to crowd around the tv every week when jacked up's on and then try and act like you're too cool to care when someone gets seriously injured.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I just find the outpouring of concern etc to be a little odd considering what happens on a daily basis all over the place, to people who don't have a saftey net, and didn't make a choice to put themselves in harms way. Not saying I wouldn't be an NFL player myself if I wasn't a scrawny talentless dork. Not saying it's not tragic and sad. I have friends/acquaintences who play(ed) in the NFL. I just think the attention it gets is way out of whack. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who finds it absolutely mind boggling that people cared so much about Princess Diana or Random Kennedy Dude dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Obviously it's sad and nobody suggest it isn't. It's just that it's not any more sad than anything else that's horrible and tragic and sad. I don't have enough time in my day to send a get well soon note to everybody in the world that needs it, and there's nothing special about this guy that makes me want to single him out.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Whatever, no nead to rain on the parade of those who are emotionally effected by it.

Also, this not caring about one person's suffering because someone else is suffering worse thing is BS.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Obviously it's sad and nobody suggest it isn't. It's just that it's not any more sad than anything else that's horrible and tragic and sad. I don't have enough time in my day to send a get well soon note to everybody in the world that needs it, and there's nothing special about this guy that makes me want to single him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't post in the [censored] thread?