Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 PM

Default UFC 75

Surprised a thread wasn't up for this yet.

Lines via Bodog:

Houston Alexander -185
Alessio Sakara +155

Quinton Jackson -140
Dan Henderson +110

Mirko Cro Cop -360
Cheick Kongo +280

Michael Bisping -225
Matt Hamill +185
Old 09-03-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: UFC 75

I think there's value in Hamil, Bisping hasn't done all that much and I think he's a product of the ufc promoting him
Old 09-04-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's value in Hamil, Bisping hasn't done all that much and I think he's a product of the ufc promoting him

[/ QUOTE ]

I completly disagree but i would like to see further reasoning why i should not bet the Farm on Bisping. First of all is Bisping overrated? Maybe.

Is Hamill overrated? For sure that guy is an absolute one trick Pony. He has fought no one that matters even a bit. His greco roman and freestyle wrestling might be great but his hands are non existend. He quite training with Ortiz, and his camp looks really questionable. Beside that rumor has it that Ufc is not his biggest Priority since he is focusing on the olympics 2008. The only way he might get a win is in a lay and pray decision.

Bisping on the other Hand has a great Camp. Wolfslair Academy is by far the best regarding mma that europe has to offer. He prepared for his last two Ufc fights with Kazeka Muniz Gracie Barra Blackbelt and PanAm Champion. Bisping has a strong Kickboxing background. For the fight with Hamill he trained a decent amount of time at big bear with Rampage. Overall it is safe to say that he is the more well roundet Fighter. An aspect i would not want to overlook is that london is his hometurf he does not need to travel has the crowed behind him and his whole structure lined up.

I bought Bisping for 2 Units @ -225 wich i see as a great price.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM

Anybody have anything to say about the Mirko Cro Cop -360
Cheick Kongo +280 line? Or will this just be an easy domination fight for Mirko? I don't know anything about Kongo, but then again I haven't looked.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Although I haven't thought too much about it Kongo's main strength is striking, which obviously is Cro-Cop's forte. Kongo showed horrible ground skills in his last fight at UFC 70, so he doesn't really have any discernible advantage. I think the line is about right and imagine I'll be leaving it alone.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM

.5u on sakara for me. Just think it's a tossup between thsoe two.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:28 PM

best line out there, Kuniyoshi hironaka vs THiago Alves. Hironaka @ anything over +110 is money imo...line is +196 on pinnacle and was +200 on bodog...
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM

I think a small/meduim play on Kongo is right. Everybody expects CroCop to magically get his old form back, but there's a non-trivial chance he's just lost his drive/motivation/he sucks now.

Plus, Kongo is a fierce, good striker. The fight will be standing the whole time, and CroCop might have an advantage, but not a huge one. Kongo is a terrific, world class striker. I think there is solid value in for Kongo because he is a HUUUUUUGE dog according to this line. I'll try to find some links, but this fight will be essentially a kickboxing match, and Kongo is a very very good kickboxer.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4Wi8YxqIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLFPi...ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpqT...ed&search=

Yeah i'm absolutely convinced Kongo is value all day easily. Unless CroCop suddenly wants to take people down, this is easily the best line on the card.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 PM

I heard CroCop was retiring after his contract expires.