Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Some of my former friends

Well it was lame and on MTV, but here is a link to my exact episode. I will tell the story tomorrow.

Read the description. I am "the drunk that calls him Osama bin Laden"

Link
Old 10-04-2007, 01:56 AM

great stories, thx for sharing
Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 AM

How set up was this reality show?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM

"drunken rednecks at the seedy motel"

lol
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 AM

evagaba, have you ever seen the movie Fubar? Some of your stories remind me of it.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
evagaba, have you ever seen the movie Fubar? Some of your stories remind me of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the same thing, but with the movie Jesus' son.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, these are the best stories I've ever read on 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search for the user "lostsoul". He had an epic thread a few months back.

But I agree, these stories are great. Can't top the meeting-the-wife story, and I just love talking the psycho out of kicking your friends azz cuz he's trippin' too.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM

The Battle for Ozzfest

I am sure this will be real long. I plan on writing it through the morning while I am compiling.

I have been going to concerts since 1984. My first ever show was AC/DC - Fly on the Wall Tour. After that I was hooked. I try to go to at least one big show every summer.

For heavy metal fans, Ozzfest is the mecca. Yes, they have gotten a bit stale lately, but still my fav show of the year. I have been to every one since the inception. Whenever they had dates in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh, I would go to both shows. I live right between both cities.

Pittsburgh is the most fun of the 2 shows for several reasons. First, the cops in Cleveland are real pricks and don't let you have a good time. Second, there is a Seedy little motel about a mile away from the amphitheater that no one knows about. It is a dive, but it is cheap, close and the owners know me by name.

For about the last 4 or 5 years, several of us have been making the trip. In 2004 we got 3 rooms and 8 of us went. We stayed 2 nights. The first night is the day before the show and we always have a little party. I bring my portable gas grill and plenty of burgers and beer. Check it out

This year we pull up to the motel and there is this big Ozzfest bus parked in front. Seen here.

We all thought that was very cool and wondering if we might get to meet some band members or something. We all stood in front it and got pictures and stuff...but there was no one else around. We had no clue who the bus belonged too.

So later on in the night we are sitting around drinking and I am cooking. That is the smoke you see. Just having a good time with family and friends. The two on the far right are my step-sons.

Then all of a sudden, a door opens in a room behind us and these kids come out. I believe there was four of them...and then 2 more walked around the corner. Then a cameraman followed them. They walk over to us and start chatting. I ask them what the bus and camera is for. They tell me they are doing a reality TV show for Canadian MTV but that is all they can say. OK.

The producer walks over and I guess considers me the leader of the group since I am cooking and asks is it OK if he films me cooking. No one objects and I say "Sure ,so my hamburgers are gonna be on TV?" I ask him.."They might be". They did not film us...just our food...whatever.

So everything is going cool. We eat and are having a good time. This group of kids is still hanging out with us. And then I took this picture and all hell broke loose.

The kids start wigging out. "No pictures, no pictures" They are yelling at me. I am thinking Woah, calm down. He is like "Dude, I am serious we can't have our picture taken." I say OK, I won't take no more pictures. No problem.

Then the kid in the grey shirt, who is about 3 inches and 80 lbs smaller than me, walks over to me and says "You gotta erase that picture, now dude!". Hmmmmm, let me think. You are demanding that I delete the picture instead of explaining yourself and asking nice..."NO, I think I will keep it". I tell him.

He extends his hand in front of me and says "Please let me have the camera". LAUGH MY AZZ OFF!! Huh? I set the camera on an air conditioner behind me, fold my arms, look at him and I say..."NO".

Then the other kid in the picture with the maroon shirt, Adair, chimes in. "Oh we got an azzhole", he says. "Excuse me?" I say. Then Adair proceeds to verbally assult me for a good 5 minutes or so. "You heard me. Your an azzhole. Your a [censored], f**cking fa88it." He is going on and on. I am taking this in stride. I would destroy this kid. I am letting him blow his steam.

At one point my youngest step-son goes..."He is not a fa88ot, he is married to my mom." LOL.

Then I decide to stop his rant. If he wants to fight, then I guess I will have to beat him up. While he is doing all of this ranting, he is standing behind the line of chairs in the above picture and he is no where even close to me.

I tell him if he has anything else to say to me, perhaps he should come over and say it to my face, otherwise shut the hell up. He goes "Do you know who I work for?" He was trying to intimidate me by suggesting he worked for Ozzy Osbourne. I could care less, but I took this opportunity to get under his skin. This is classic and I remember it well.

Anwering his question I go, "Giant Eagle! Your a bag boy." I pause, "No, No, thats not it..you work for SuperCuts, your a hair dresser." Another pause. "No, I know. You work for Osama Bin Laden, your a f**cking terrorist. BOOM". And signal an explosion with my hands. He loses it.

From this point on is on TV

The next thing I know cameras are everywhere and suddenly Adair turns into the Incredible Hulk. His face is pitch red and he is playing for the camera telling me how he is going to kick my azz.

I stay calm and collected and tell him. "I can't hear you, your not standing here" Pointing at the sideway in front of my feet. "Come over here, I am right here" I tell him. I am not raising my voice.

The only girl that was with him came over and grabs him. "Lets go Adair, he is not worth it". He refuses. He says "I dont put up with that racist crap" RACIST? What? I didn't say anything racist to him. I guess he didn't like the Osama Bin Laden reference. Whatever.

Anyways, he goes back into his room a short time later and never does kick my azz. The producer walks over to me and says "You guys are all about raising hell huh?". Ahh no, he started on me I tell him. Again, whatever.

He tells me this was great stuff and he would like to put it on TV. He says they are not Canadian MTV, but USA MTV and this show will air in the fall. I asked him what it was and what the name was going to be. He says he does not know the name yet, but it will have "Ozzfest" in the title. (Ended up being "Battle for Ozzfest").

He says the show is a contest in which Ozzy and Sharon picked 8 different bands. One member from each band was chosen by Sharon (not the band itself) to represent their band in the show. It is a Survivor type deal where someone gets voted off each week. The lone winner and his band at the end get a slot to play at next years Ozzfest.

He says I have to sign a waiver and agree for it to be on TV. I tell him that I am 100% sure you would make me look like the bad guy. "No way dude". (And yeah he did). I told him I don't care. It is just me being me and I have no problem with it.

I signed his paper and then he came into our room and drank a beer with us.

More random pictures.

Me in front of the bus

My dawg Dave

Joe

Before the concert

The tickets

Another before the show

I also have the entire episode on DVD. I would be willing to create an image of it for anyone to download, but I dont have a server to host it on.