Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL AK in SB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might have led flop here.

As played I'd probably shove to try to isolate against the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be better to just call on flop? Atleast that way you know your beat if UTG raises all in, and he's mucking everything but a decent hand, from the bet, that you dont want to see him call your all in raise with; so it will be an isolated pot so long as he doesn't have a good hand which he's callig your all in with- so mind as well just call, less risky and I would guess more proffitable? hope that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

If we call and UTG shoves then hero is calling UTG's shove anyway. Hero will be getting 4.38 to 1 And then even if they both have a flush (as long as it's not A high) hero has basically exactly breakeven odds to call with his 5 outs for a higher flush. And a lot of the times they won't both have a flush and ocassionally neither will have a flush.

Here, I did this just to check as I was pretty sure it'd still be a call even if I assumed they both had a lower flush....it actually turned out to be pretty much right at breakeven. I'm not sure why I made Js3s dead cards instead of a third person's hand but it only changes it by .1%:

Board: 2s Ts 4s
Dead: Js 3s

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 21.927% 21.93% 00.00% 198 0.00 { AhKs }
Hand 1: 78.073% 78.07% 00.00% 705 0.00 { 7s6s }