Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 AM

Default KK 3 dollar rebuy 3 hours in

Hero: LAG, been stealing alot with limit raise last few levels. Played any2. Want to give shortstacks a chance to hang them selfs, plus just lost a pot, and don't want to give away my hand.

BB: TAG, haven't seen him do anything crazy. Very ABC.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero (t47299)
MP2 (t48068)
MP3 (t9528)
CO (t43759)
Button (t6603)
SB (t26809)
BB (t43896)
UTG (t33240)
UTG+1 (t10017)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2400</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls t1200.

Flop: (t4200) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t16000</font>, Hero calls t11200.

Turn: (t36200) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t25421 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t25421.

River: (t87042) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t87042

I think there might be some kind of leak in my game, the way i played this hand.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: KK 3 dollar rebuy 3 hours in

Id fold turn, but first I would have raised more pre, BB will prob call tha 90% of the time if not more, and thats def a BB board, esp if you know hes a TAG, I say you raise more pre though
Old 03-31-2007, 02:11 AM

you min raises KK pre..

found your leak
Old 03-31-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you min raises KK pre..

found your leak

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 03:06 AM

Wow, thanks guys.. I just played my first tournament yesterday, and haven't read HoH 1 and 2 yet.. Can't wait to learn about the 3xbb raise and other advanced moves. I sure won't make that mistake again.

1 leak down, many more to go [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, thanks guys.. I just played my first tournament yesterday, and haven't read HoH 1 and 2 yet.. Can't wait to learn about the 3xbb raise and other advanced moves. I sure won't make that mistake again.

1 leak down, many more to go [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im hoping your leveling us here..

ahahha
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 AM

My thoughts:

1. Obv bet more PF here. Minraises are annoying and I hate being faced with them, but there are too many reasons here not to. First, you have a great hand. Build a nice little pot with it. Second, the BB has a nice deep stack like you. He is going to be calling your raise with a very wide range of hands (at least I know I would), and you are going to have an incredibly tough time putting him on a hand if he plays back at you. If you don't like betting 3x, fine, bet 3k or so, but this deep i would prefer to bump it up to 3.5x or 4x. To be honest, I like limping in this spot more than minbetting since the small stacks know they have zero FE were they to try and steal your minraise.

#2 you bet a little the pot a little too much here for my tastes (the converter messed up btw, i think the pot should be like 5600). You are inflating the pot big time here again and you have no idea where your opponent stands. This lets him check raise you for a decision for effectively all your chips (if you call flop, you going to call turn). A worse hand is very unlikely to call unless he has ten (maybe). All this does is inflate the pot in a fairly coordinated board, a board that well could have hit your opponent pretty well considering his range with that minbet crap you pulled PF. To be honest, its hard to offer you alternatives though. Bet a little more than half here I think, maybe 3200. This isn't much better, but this crappy situation is a cause of your silly PF choice here to minraise another bigstack when u have a great hand and you have no idea what he has.

Cliff notes: PF you tell your opponent your hand is not that strong by minbetting, he calls with wide range. After the flop you bet strongly to protect you hand on drawish board, telling your opponent that you do have a strong hand. It lets your opponent play perfectly IMO. A guy this deep isn't gonna put his stack on the line cause he thinks you are lag and bluffing here.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:23 AM

shove flop or jsut fold it on the flop no need to call this bet, raise or fold depends on ur read what u do but clear r/f hand
Old 03-31-2007, 05:49 AM

Very hard decision on the turn.
As you played loose he might make a stand now to protect his BB - as you only did the minimum raise preflop an some sort of continuation bet postflop.
I don't think that calling on the flop was an error - it showed some strength.
The really tough decision is his All-In on the river.
As he is a tight player i don't think he is on a simple flush draw. I would set him on either trips or something like AT-JT.
He might have trips but i would call this too.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 PM

I agree, I played this very wrong. He had 68 in clubs, and I had no clue, I think maybe he slowplayed a big pair, AT or worst case a set, but I never would have guessed 68 or something like that. Got so outplayed..