Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Stud Hi (What did Andy B have?)

Last night (by pure coincidence), I was honoured to find Andy sitting at my table. We avoided each other mostly, but tangled a little bit in this hand, and I'm puzzled as to what he may have had. At least he'll now know for sure my side of the hand after reading this...

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Andy B: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Andy B: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.85 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Andy B: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.85 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Andy B: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (5.85 BB)

His call on 3'rd scared me a little. Too many diamonds are out, so I don't think he'd have called with 3-flush. Maybe he figured I was full of BS with an exposed ace. I admit that if I have a low pair and exposed ace, I'm coming in blasting, so perhaps he was correct to call with a (possibly) high pair & straight kicker?

4'th I was getting more scared, and almost expecting some sort of raise on 5'th once the double bets started, (basically proving he's rolled up with queens).

5'th I'm betting anyhow, and relieved I didn't get raised, but wondered if perhaps it was due to my dangerous flush board.

6'th Street my board was so extremely dangerous, and perhaps too much for him. At least I am confident rolled queens wasn't present for him to fold here.

There were a few live players time to time at the table. So perhaps he came win with a sub-part hand (but fully live) hoping to trap many extra big bets out of them between the two of us.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (What did Andy B have?)

Dont know why the call on 3rd scared you. I am never too upset when I'm holding live aces, a live kicker and most flush hands are unlikely and one of those dead flush cards calls....you are almost always ahead!

He was probably just on split Queens. I've heard that guy has trouble laying down a hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Stud Hi (What did Andy B have?)

I had Queens. I believe my side card was a Four, for what that's worth. The game was on the tight side, so I figured there was a decent chance that you were raising light, and I usually don't look for reasons to fold Queens anyway. When you bet fifth, I was starting to think it more likely that had Aces. By sixth, it was quite obvious that I was behind, and there was at least some chance that I was drawing dead. Diamonds were dead, and I was well aware of that, but there was at least some chance that you had a flush or would make on the river. With your live side-cards, there was an excellent chance that you had Aces-up, or that you could make that on the river. That leaves me drawing to two outs. If I had bought a second pair by sixth, I would have looked you up. The pot was big enough, I think. As it was, I just didn't think that I was going to make the best hand on the river often enough to justify what would likely be a two bet investment.