Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 AM

Default 10/20 LO8 Tricky Spot with Strong High

Villain plays well doesnt make very many mistakes and mixes up his play, I have a long history playing him, he picks good spots to bluff and plays well preflop and postflop, he rarely 3bets and usually doesnt do it with traditional hands like A2 or AAxx.

Hero raises K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OTB
Villain calls

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets, Hero raises, Villain calls

Turn comes 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets, Hero calls

River comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets, Hero raises?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 10/20 LO8 Tricky Spot with Strong High

Absolutely, you have the second nuts for high and he doesn't have aces. there's always a chance he doesn't have a low and call with aces up.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:37 PM

Raise. Your high will be good 95% of the time. Maybe more. If he flips over Aces, then "NH sir"
Old 08-03-2007, 08:35 PM

I'd raise the turn here and call down if 3-bet. It looks like he has a low when he bets out, but not always, as he may be doing something different. The river is not a great card for you unless he has precisely 23 or 24 and no high at all. he will call and split with you with any 2 low cards. It looks like your freerolling with the river raise, and thats o.k., but again, I'd raise the turn
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the turn here and call down if 3-bet. It looks like he has a low when he bets out, but not always, as he may be doing something different. The river is not a great card for you unless he has precisely 23 or 24 and no high at all. he will call and split with you with any 2 low cards. It looks like your freerolling with the river raise, and thats o.k., but again, I'd raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that raising turn can be dangerous, because he will 3bet any hand that is currently freeroling us.
And on river why not, looks like we have nothing to lose.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that raising turn can be dangerous, because he will 3bet any hand that is currently freeroling us.
And on river why not, looks like we have nothing to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried too much about being freerolled on the turn here. There aren't many cards that hurt us. (If we didn't have the flush draw it would be different). This, along with the chance we're not facing a made low but something like a smaller set, 2 pair with a straight draw or something else leads me to raise the turn to punish him those times when we're the heavy favorite.