Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

"3rd best team left in playoffs" really doesn't mean much at this point in the playoffs.

Both sens and the ducks have extremely high talented players, however it will come down to who wants it the most, and who is willing to spill their guts for it.

Really tough series to call. Will be exciting to watch.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 AM

I know it wasnt all Hasek's fault he played his arrrrrrrse off. Wings couldnt clear the puck and had some costly turnovers which is what killed them in this series. Schneider being out really hurt them he was always sure handed with the puck and was force on the powerplay and penalty kill. Everyone has injuries though so thats not an excuse.

Anyone have a problem with the officiating in these playoffs? I dont remember them ever calling this many penalties. Seems like its night and day between now and the 90's
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it wasnt all Hasek's fault he played his arrrrrrrse off. Wings couldnt clear the puck and had some costly turnovers which is what killed them in this series. Schneider being out really hurt them he was always sure handed with the puck and was force on the powerplay and penalty kill. Everyone has injuries though so thats not an excuse.

Anyone have a problem with the officiating in these playoffs? I dont remember them ever calling this many penalties. Seems like its night and day between now and the 90's

[/ QUOTE ]
Well in the 90's players could barely move because clutching and grabbing and hooking to slow players down was a standard strategy. It really sucks to watch a talented player beating a player with his feet only to get slowed down by a stick or grab or interference. It's the price you pay for eliminating that ugly, slow and boring part of the game.

I do think that it's a little weird to see some obvious penalties let go due to circumstances, which the refs are very obviously aware of, and then call some really minor calls during standard 5 on 5 hockey. Perhaps they just don't see everything.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is sooo awesome. It's like 2003 all over again, but this time I'm not baffled as to how we got this far. I think the Ducks' offense is going to LOVE playing against Emery after getting Backstrom, Luongo, and Hasek the first 3 rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too after DiPi & Lundquist [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
It's hard to get shots on them which is frustrating as hell because Emery just isn't good.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is sooo awesome. It's like 2003 all over again, but this time I'm not baffled as to how we got this far. I think the Ducks' offense is going to LOVE playing against Emery after getting Backstrom, Luongo, and Hasek the first 3 rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too after DiPi & Lundquist [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
It's hard to get shots on them which is frustrating as hell because Emery just isn't good.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

...The sens realized Emery just isnt too good so they played a more defensive approach limiting chances at him
Old 05-23-2007, 12:20 PM

Not sure whats up with all the Emery hate. In his last last 34 games he has only 6 loses (not including OT or SO defeats)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Emery leads the playoffs in shutouts but only has the 12th best save percentage at .919.

At times he's looked brilliant, at other times he's looked pretty shaky. You can't say he's stolen any games, but he hasn't needed to. Overall I think he's been fine, but he definately hasn't been one of the best goaltenders in the playoffs.

They say goaltending wins cups, if the Sens pull it off they'll be the exception that proves the rule. (Now watch Emery go out and stand on his head to steal the series and make us all look like fools).
Old 05-23-2007, 06:34 PM

Chris Osgood won a Cup. That should be enough to disprove the whole "goaltending wins championships" theory.

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed on the internet idea. I can't think of a better way to get tickets. Just make sure to refresh your browser the second they go on sale...my wife got tickets to game 4 of the Jersey series, didn't refresh, and spent 10-15 minutes wondering why she couldn't get in to buy tickets [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I take this back, since they're only selling tickets in one section of the arena, 2 tickets max per person per game.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Osgood won a Cup. That should be enough to disprove the whole "goaltending wins championships" theory.

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed on the internet idea. I can't think of a better way to get tickets. Just make sure to refresh your browser the second they go on sale...my wife got tickets to game 4 of the Jersey series, didn't refresh, and spent 10-15 minutes wondering why she couldn't get in to buy tickets [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I take this back, since they're only selling tickets in one section of the arena, 2 tickets max per person per game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, my wife and I tried the internet route this morning and were unsuccessful. I guess we won't be going to any games this round. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 PM

I lucked out and snagged 2 tickets to Game 3.

That's "lucked out" in a relative sense, though, since my wife wanted to take her nephew with us, but I wasn't allowed to buy more than two tickets and she was locked out of the site. Now she is sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]