Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]
tuff fish,

everything i have suspected about you is true.

you are a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you are a worse buisness man then you are a poker player. Just because you realised there are nits out there that multitable, doesn't change the fact that many, many fish go on without realising this and we will always take money from people like you.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:34 PM

What you have said so far as I can tell is:
I have a great idea! I will not tell you my Idea. Do you like my idea?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tuff fish,

everything i have suspected about you is true.

you are a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you are a worse buisness man then you are a poker player. Just because you realised there are nits out there that multitable, doesn't change the fact that many, many fish go on without realising this and we will always take money from people like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So nice of you to share your thoughts.

We will not miss your presence in the least on my great new site.

Did you miss the part that my site is where the fish will be since it is not easy for them to be elsewhere?

Tuff << likes ruffling a few feathers now and again.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what I have said is that I have an idea of a zero rake site where players do not pay a rake, a time charge, a membership fee, or anything else.

The condition for such a site to exist is that players may only play at one table at a time, like real poker, which this internet "homegame" is supposed to emulate, indeed, possibly, would have to emulate, since that is the premise of the site.

I have asked that if such a site were to magically appear, who would be excited. So far most of you have said "a pox on a zero rake site, we prefer to grind it out on our 20 tables with all the other 20 table grinders on FTP and Stars."

More properly asked, my question should be, who thinks that bringing a "homegame" site into existance would be worth an effort? Who thinks that they would profit sufficiently from the fishy environment to make a sacrifice to see it come about?

How much money? Dunno

How much effort? Some

How much time? We don't have much time.

I need some volunteers for a secret enterprise. I will tell you what the mission is after we are airborne. Who is in? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tuff
Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you be so old and still so stupid? This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard, please start this poker room so we can all LOL at your massive failure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The condition for such a site to exist is that players may only play at one table at a time, like real poker, which this internet "homegame" is supposed to emulate, indeed, possibly, would have to emulate, since that is the premise of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to imply that just allowing 1 table at a time would come closer to making internet-poker 100% legal in the U.S.
You are making it sound like it isn't merely a preference of yours but that it would somehow make a difference in avoiding prosecution.
I do not agree with this assertion.

I am not in on this plan as I do not have faith in your ability to put something like this together properly.
But if it does get started somehow and looks good then I will have no problem playing there.

Don't frown on my lack of interest in this project.
I have said mostly the same thing to 2 other people who have approached me about how it would be such a great idea to get together and open an internet-poker site because it's clearly super-easy and we would make so much money.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Are you not elaborating on how this will be paid for so you can solicit ideas from the crowd while having no actual idea yourself?
Maybe you could get the poker software cheaper and quicker by buying a base version from a site that has gone under and making modifications to the product as necessary.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 PM

dude get a f*cking grip. your "idea" makes no sense at all and will never happen. You do realize the operating expenses of major poker sites are in the millions of dollars. The title of this thread has no bearing because you have not even come remotely close to presenting a business plan. All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing like a donk but talking like i think i know something... haha thats so funny. Oh btw i think i know how to make poker legal. just make it free. oh and only one table. its revolutionary. Anybody who disagrees with me is either an idiot or hates money."

yea cya there
Old 11-17-2007, 02:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuff, I admire your enthusiasm, but I have a serious question for you.
Do you think when a FTSE100 company is forced to drop 85% of it's revenue that it might have had every top legal mind at it's disposal looking at legal ways to offer poker in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post has kind of been lost in the shuffle of this whole thread.
Mike, the lawyers there evidently couldn't figure out how to do it but several other sites could. Is that due to the whole situation of party being a publicly traded company as others have speculated or were the lawyers hired by Party just significantly more gun-shy and conservative compared with the PokerStars and FullTilt lawyers who were looking at the very same UIGEA?