Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 3/6 NL HU video

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a huge difference between datamining a table and having an experienced poker player and coach analyizing the weaknesses of a certain player in public, especially one playing HU games. Maybe one of the NL experts of stoxpoker could do some compensation by helping OP to get rid of some leaks by offering a free hour (or 2) of pvt coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like if OP (and others shown in videos) actually watched the whole thing they'd get plenty of free instruction on their own image and on how their tougher opponents play.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a huge difference between datamining a table and having an experienced poker player and coach analyizing the weaknesses of a certain player in public, especially one playing HU games. Maybe one of the NL experts of stoxpoker could do some compensation by helping OP to get rid of some leaks by offering a free hour (or 2) of pvt coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like if OP (and others shown in videos) actually watched the whole thing they'd get plenty of free instruction on their own image and on how their tougher opponents play.

[/ QUOTE ]
In order to watch the video I would have to become a member of their site...Never going to happen.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In public? These videos are offered only on private sites and are pay-to-view only. These videos are pretty much the opposite of public.

In any case, I do not think the OP's complaint is about privacy or potential exploitation [of his game], but rather he just wants $$$$ because he was in the video.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM

AAROCKAA, is that not Prahlad?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Ah, I didn't notice that this was a HU match originally. I can see that being moreso of an issue from a personal perspective and have generally offered free subscriptions to people I've played against HU for StoxPoker content as a courtesy (and also because I sacked a few of them). Note that that is not site policy, just something I've been doing personally as a part owner.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should use the 'tilt blocker' to block out players' names.

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like the best post in this thread. problem solved, no?

i think it also be great for the training site owners, as they can also play w/o 2+2'ers goofing them sitting in the same tables, etc...

everyone wins all around.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it also be great for the training site owners, as they can also play w/o 2+2'ers goofing them sitting in the same tables, etc...

everyone wins all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

The may be problems with the last hand history feature and also the chat (although that can be turned off.)
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No - you still have a problem with someone who wants to see exactly how OP plays just observing the table directly without watching any videos.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No - you still have a problem with someone who wants to see exactly how OP plays just observing the table directly without watching any videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't think anyone ever complained about that though? I'd guess you're trying to be glib in order to belittle OP about how silly his concerns are, but it doesn't speak to the root of his issue (that seems easily solved)

I think OP's gripe is rooted in the instructor disseminating running commentary about how to beat/exploit OP with his name on the screen.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think OP's gripe is rooted in the instructor disseminating running commentary about how to beat/exploit OP with his name on the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to be what this thread evolved into, but where do you read that in the op:

[ QUOTE ]

I saw a "free demo" of a 3/6 HU video on your site. The opponent AAROCKAA was me. Shouldn't your professional site get approval from me to be filmed? I was shocked to see this video out there w/o my consent. I see it as , if you're making money showing people how I play, then I should be too. Are there any other videos of me that I don't know about?

[/ QUOTE ]

His only complaint seems to be $$$$.
Closed Thread